Mr Achraf El Chazly > Zaki Hashem & Partners, Attorneys at Law > Cairo, Egypt > Lawyer Profile
Zaki Hashem & Partners, Attorneys at Law Offices
23 KASR EL NIL STREET
- Go to...
Mr Achraf El Chazly
Mr. Achraf El Chazly, Partner, joined ZH&P in 2007 with special focus on Corporate Law, Investment Law, Capital Market Law, Civil Code, Banking, Labor Law, Tax Law, Contracts, Arbitration, Restructuring, Mergers & Acquisitions, Anti-trust and Competition, Insurance, Real Estate, IPOs and Litigation.
With over 19 years of experience in the legal field, selected examples of the recent matters he has contributed to include:
- Advising BPE Holding in its Initial Public Offering. (2018)
- Advising Mondi Industrial Bags B.V. in its Euro 24 million Acquisition of the National Paper Products Company SAE. (2018)
- Advising Madinet Nasr for Housing and Development SAE on Establishing a Global Depository Receipts Program for Trading on the London Stock Exchange. (2017)
- Advising Hewlett Packard on the Acquisition of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd’s Printer Business (the Egyptian leg of the Transaction). (2017)
- Handled the acquisitions of: 1) Techno Group Holding by Gulf Capital in 2009; 2) ZooControl for Industrialization & Trading by Aller Aqua (Denmark) in 2011; and 3) ASEC Minia Cement & ASEC Ready Mix by Misr Cement Company for the value of EGP 1 billion in 2015.
- Led the EGP 20 billion Mandatory Tender Offer (MTO) by MT Telecom SCRL (affiliate of Orange Participations) for the acquisition of the shares of the Egyptian Company for Mobile Services “Mobinil”. (2012)
- Assisted in the MTOs submitted for the acquisition of the shares of Olympic Group by Electrolux and NSGB by Qatar National Bank. (2011 and 2013 – respectively)
- Advised OCI N.V. in relation to the MTO launched on 100% of the issued capital of Orascom Construction Industries SAE in the value of EGP 12.8 Billion. (2013)
- Carried the due diligence on a large number of companies such as: Talaat Moustafa Group, Palm Hills Development, Olympic Group, SINCO, Techno Group, Delta Pharma, Pharaonia Pharmaceutical Company, Cleopatra Hospital, Kobousch for Packaging, Banque Du Caire, Link Dot Net, Link Egypt, ZooControl, Rasmala Egypt Asset Management, Rasmala Egypt for Securities, Delta Rasmala Investments, Dina Farms, ASEC Minia Cement & ASEC Ready Mix etc.
- Handled the Call Option executed by Orange Participations on the shares owned by Orascom Telecom Media & Information Technology (OTMT) in the Egyptian Company for Mobile Services SAE.
- Assisted in the acquisition of the shares held by DAIMLER AG in Egyptian German Automotive Company SAE by National Automotive Company SAE.
- Assisted in the IPO’s of Talaat Moustafa Group and Palm Hills Development
He is member of the Egyptian Bar Association and was admitted before the Egyptian Court of Cassation in 2018. He is polyglot and proficient in Arabic, English, French and Italian – along with an elementary command of written and spoken Greek.
He was ranked by IFLR 1000 as “Highly Regarded Leading Lawyer” in the Capital Markets and M&A practices for the years 2018, 2019, and 2020.
Mr. El Chazly achieved the LL.B. from Alexandria University’s Faculty of Law in 2000. He successfully participated in an American Business Law course offered by the American University in Cairo in 2000 and a course on Legal and Economic Aspects for Intellectual Property Protection in 2003.
His working languages are Arabic, English, French and Italian and elementary Greek (spoken and written).
Mr. El Chazly is a member of the Egyptian Bar of Association, admitted to the Egyptian Courts of Appeal since 2008.
Mr. Achraf El Chazly achieved his LL.B. from the Faculty of Law, Alexandria University, in 2000. He attended an American Business Law course at AUC in 2000 and a Legal and Economical Aspects for Intellectual Property Protection Course in 2003.