Mr Mohamed Kamal > Zaki Hashem & Partners, Attorneys at Law > Cairo, Egypt > Lawyer Profile
Zaki Hashem & Partners, Attorneys at Law Offices
23 KASR EL NIL STREET
- Go to...
Mr Mohamed Kamal
Mr. Mohamed Kamal, Partner, is Head of the Arbitration Department at Zaki Hashem & Partners. Having joined the Firm in 2020, he brought on board a long track record in international and local arbitrations, civil and commercial lawsuits, as well as a vast experience in the sectors of projects (BOT and PPP), construction, aviation, and Oil & Gas.
He is well -versed in handling the legal procedures for enforcing arbitral awards as well as negotiating these matters and successfully achieving amicable settlement. The spectrum of his expertise also covers handling the different types of criminal, civil and commercial lawsuits brought before the Egyptian courts and drafting the related legal affidavits and memoranda – with specific focus on handling court cases concerning competition law violations and providing legal opinions regarding the application of such laws. Mr. Kamal is also proficient in skilfully drafting legal opinions, agreements, joint ventures and MOU’s for local and international clients.
With over 30 years of experience, selected examples of the matters he has handled include:
- Negotiating various matters on behalf of investors relating to the structure and legal mechanisms of notable power generating projects (g. Dabaa Nuclear Facility and Intergen Sidi Krir Power Plan) and infrastructure projects (e.g. the West Delta Water Irrigation Supply project and the Nile River Transportation Project).
- Providing all upstream and downstream legal services and consultations to prominent Oil & Gas companies such as Apache (Egypt), Nafto Gas (largest Ukrainian Gas Exploration Company), Pride International (technical services company), the Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC), and the Egyptian Holding Company for Natural Gas (EGAS).
- Handling various transactions for the sale, purchase and aircraft mortgage agreements notarized before the Egyptian Civil Aviation Supervisory Authority (ECASA) as well as providing legal opinions to different airline companies in relation to Egyptian aviation laws and international conventions.
- Supporting the registration of an arbitrator at the Cairo Regional Center for International Commercial Arbitration.
- Participating in drafting the first bill on the Protection of Competition and the Prohibition of Monopolistic Practices in Egypt (Anti-trust Laws) through the specific committee established at the Ministry of International Cooperation in 1996.
- Handling several administrative court cases held at the State Council – either seeking the annulment of administrative decisions or claiming compensatory damages from the concerned state authority.
With an LLB from Cairo University and the LLM in International Commercial Arbitration from UK’s University of London, Mr. Kamal initially started his career as a District Attorney and geared it towards various appointments at international and local law firms. He also held the position of Legal Advisor to H.E. the Minister of International Cooperation.