Mr Peter Maurice > Zaki Hashem & Partners, Attorneys at Law > Cairo, Egypt > Lawyer Profile
Zaki Hashem & Partners, Attorneys at Law Offices
23 KASR EL NIL STREET
- Go to...
Mr Peter Maurice
Mr. Peter Maurice, Senior Associate, specializes in the Corporate, M&A and Banking & Finance areas of practice. With over seven years of experience at ZH&P, he was a member of the team advising:
- Advising Raya Foods in the EUR 5 million Loan Agreement from EBRD (2019)
- the Joint Lead Managers in the EUR issuance of Treasury bills under the Arab Republic of Egypt’s Global Medium Term Note Programme (GMTN) of USD $ 20,000,000, and the Programme update to USD $ 30,000,000 (2019);
- Borrowers and lenders in several financing agreements, including drafting/reviewing the loan agreement, securities documents and legal opinions related thereto (2019);
- AXA Egypt in its licensing procedures with the General Authority for Investment and Financial Regulatory Authority (2016);
- Corplease SAE in its securitization portfolio (2015); and
- Actis LLP in its acquisition of a minority stake in Integrated Diagnostic Holdings, a company deriving from the merger of Al Borg Laboratories and Al Mokhtabar in 2012, the biggest medical diagnostic companies in Egypt (2014);
He also took part in drafting and negotiating transaction documents for other clients in M&A, financing and restructuring transactions. Mr. Maurice had also been assigned as Legal Secondee with PepsiCo (2016), Hikma Pharma (2016) and Philips Egypt (2017).
As for his experience as in-house lawyer, Mr. Maurice worked in the Legal Department serving a Group of leading oil & gas drilling and production service provider in the Middle East and Africa. The Group’s parent company is a company listed on London Stock Exchange and includes several subsidiaries in different industries. Mr. Maurice main tasks were reviewing and drafting sale and purchase agreements of onshore and offshore drilling rigs, oil & gas service agreements, settlement agreements, facility agreements, distribution agreements, agency agreements, shareholders agreement, and escrow agreements.
Mr. Maurice has also worked as a team member in a US $287.5 Million transaction of Share and Asset deal acquisition in three MENA countries; as a leading personnel in US $48 Million Facility Agreement to one of the Group’s subsidiaries; as leading personnel in drafting the agreements and finalizing the transactions of manufacturing four drilling units (Chinese Manufacturers), and acquisition of two drilling units (USA Drilling Company); and was responsible for reviewing numerous oil & gas production tenders – on contractor and sub-contractor level – in Egypt and different jurisdictions in the MENA region.
Mr. Maurice is proficient in Arabic, English and French and is admitted before the Egyptian Bar Association (currently admitted before the Court of Appeal).
He obtained the LLB from the French Section of Ain Shams University’s Faculty of Law (a joint diploma program with Université Jean Moulin Lyon 3, France) in 2011 and the LL.M in International and Comparative Law from the American University in Cairo in 2015.
Mr. Maurice was ranked by The Legal 500 as a “Rising Star Lawyer” for the year 2020 in the Banking and Finance practice. He was also ranked by IFLR1000 as a Rising Star in the Banking practice in 2020.
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Zaki Hashem & Partners, Attorneys at Law has a broad practice that covers trade finance, securitisation, securities lending, Islamic finance, IPOs, leveraged finance and capital markets. In these areas, it is frequently involved in the market’s leading transactions, among recent highlights being the Arab Republic of Egypt’s GMTN Programme and the first green bond issuance in the MENA region. Of counsel Ragia Omran leads on banking, finance and international debt capital markets. Helal El Hossary leads on capital markets and securitisations. Among the strong senior associates are Peter Maurice and Soha El Ezaby.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Intellectual property
- Projects and infrastructure