David Woods > Greenwoods GRM > Peterborough, England > Lawyer Profile
Greenwoods GRM Offices
- Go to...
Corporate & Commercial and Notary Public
David is praised by clients for his commercial approach, speed of delivery and use of plain English.
He is a solicitor with some 30 years’ experience of doing deals and of drafting and advising on business contracts.
David has headed up teams that have completed trade sales and acquisitions, management buyouts and group restructurings. Clients have included US corporations, UK companies and owner managers.
He specialises in drafting and advising on the contracts on which businesses do their business. He brings a wealth of experience to this work and is praised by clients for his ability to see the bigger picture – how it fits into their business strategy and operations as a whole – when reviewing a draft contract.
He has a particular interest in IT and online business advising frequently on ecommerce and data protection – he is a member of our GDPR advisory team.
David graduated from Cambridge University with a First Class Honours degree in law. He joined the firm in 2001 having previously been Head of the Commercial Department in the East of England region of Eversheds.
He served for six years as a non-executive director of a major construction group; this has developed his ability to see things from the client’s point of view and enhanced his business-like approach.
David is also a Notary Public and able to assist with your requirements for the services of a Notary, including obtaining the Apostille on documents where necessary. Find out more at: www.notarypublicpeterborough.co.uk
David graduated from Cambridge University with a First Class Honours degree in law.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
The Peterborough office of Greenwoods GRM is a central hub for its firm-wide practice, which handles corporate, commercial, finance and restructuring matters. The firm acts for companies of all sizes, form start-ups to listed companies, in regional and national matters. Alastair Gunn is the lead partner in the business and finance group, as well as being head of the media and banking team and a key member of the agricultural and rural business group. Consultant David Woods has more than 30 years’ experience and remains a key member of the practice, while senior associate Claire Banks is increasingly involved in high-value M&A and restructuring projects.
The corporate and commercial practice at Greenwoods GRM is largely based in Peterborough, where practice head Alastair Gunn Alastair Gunn is based, but the firm recently hired Jonathan Reardon from Al Tamimi & Company to lead on business and finance matters from the Cambridge office. He focuses on domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, as well as private equity and venture capital matters, working closely with key partner David Woods. The firm frequently handles transactions for clients in the technology, business services and manufacturing sectors.
- Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia - East Anglia > Corporate and commercial
- Hall of Fame - East Anglia > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Corporate and commercial: Cambridge - East Anglia > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Employment > Employment
- Employment > Health and safety
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Construction
- Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud
- Employment > Pensions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Public sector > Public sector
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Property litigation