Alastair Gunn > Greenwoods GRM > Peterborough, England > Lawyer Profile
Greenwoods GRM Offices
- Go to...
Head of Corporate and Commercial
A skilled lawyer – Alastair is fascinated by what makes businesses tick.
As a result, he delivers technically sound advice with entrepreneurial flair. When it comes to getting the best possible deal for clients Alastair’s expertise and commitment is well known. He has a strong reputation with clients who report his personable, pragmatic approach makes him easy to work with while his tenacious skill and business approach provides confidence that Alastair will have covered every possible angle.
Alastair has a wealth of experience advising clients on a wide range of corporate transactional matters including MBOs, MBIs, share, trade and asset disposals and acquisitions and group reorganisations.
The Peterborough office of Greenwoods GRM works closely with its London-based team to act for banks and corporate borrowers. The firm has created an Inward Investment group that includes dual-qualified lawyers with expertise in German and Italian commerce to handle cross-border investment transactions. Corporate partner Alastair Gunn is the key practitioner in East Anglia, with senior associate Jamie McConnell handling contentious matters.
Greenwoods GRM has a well-established media client base in Peterborough, for which it handles corporate, employment and regulatory matters. It counts among its clients a national newspaper group and employees of multinational media organisations. Corporate partner Alastair Gunn, who splits his time between Peterborough and London, is the lead partner for media clients. Robert Dillarstone and, in Cambridge, Joanna Scally are the names to note for employment matters.
Greenwoods GRM in Peterborough advises agribusinesses and landowners on a wide range of property, commercial, employment, regulatory and private client matters. Associate Emily Pumfrey, who is a member of the Agricultural Law Association, leads the practice and advises on property matters including farm acquisitions and disposals, agricultural tenancies and commercial investments. She is ‘consistently able to solve problems and find solutions that protect her clients’ interests‘. Corporate partner Alastair Gunn plays a key role, as do key members of the employment, private client and litigation practices.
Greenwoods GRM is a prominent regional firm with its headquarters in Peterborough, where the core of its corporate and commercial practice is based. It acts for businesses of all size from start-ups to listed companies, among which are local, regional, national and international enterprises. The team works in close co-operation with other key practices such as property, employment, pensions and regulatory, and with the firms’ other offices in Cambridge and London. Practice head David Woods, key partner Alastair Gunn and associate Claire Banks are the names to note.
At Greenwoods GRM, practice head David Woods is based mainly in Peterborough but works across both of the firm’s Cambridgeshire offices. He has more than 20 years’ experience in the region and brings to bear the firm’s extensive expertise in the technology, business services and manufacturing sectors. Partner Alastair Gunn and associate Claire Banks, who are also based in Peterborough, also handle a significant flow of work through the Cambridge office. Gunn has notable expertise in share, trade and asset disposals, MBOs, MBIs and acquisitions.
- Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia - East Anglia > Corporate and commercial
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Agriculture and estates - East Anglia > Private client
- Media, entertainment and sport - East Anglia > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Banking and finance - East Anglia > Finance
- Corporate and commercial: Cambridge - East Anglia > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Employment > Health and safety
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Construction
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media, entertainment and sport
- Employment > Pensions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Public sector > Public sector
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Property litigation