Xavier Rohmer > August Debouzy > Paris, France > Lawyer Profile
August Debouzy Offices
7 rue de Téhéran
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Xavier Rohmer started his career at the French Ministry of Finance, where he worked for four years, and then joined the law firm Baker McKenzie in Paris in 1989. He then managed the International Desk of Coopers & Lybrand Deloitte in charge of Southern Europe, in London, for two years and returned to Paris in late 1992 to join the Corporate Finance department of Coopers & Lybrand Legal and Tax (now Landwell & Associés since 1999). He became a partner in 1997, then co-head of the M&A department at Landwell & Associés (PricewaterhouseCoopers’ correspondent firm) and a member of the executive committee as from March 2004.
He joined August Debouzy in March 2005 as a partner and created the tax and asset management department, which he is currently in charge of.
Xavier Rohmer assists investment funds (Private Equity) and major groups with their financial and tax issues in connection with their acquisitions or divestitures. He also provides advice on restructuring and capital development (fund raising), management package, wealth and asset structuring and executive compensation structure (capital gains, wealth and property wealth taxes (ISF/IFI), stock options, bonus shares, etc.) and for regulated professions (notaries public, chartered accountants). He oversees the tax litigation (and criminal tax law) practice, for corporations and individuals. He has also developed a Private Wealth practice for French or foreign corporate officers, managers and private investors in relation with family offices and private banks in the financial market.
French | English | Spanish
Admitted to the Paris (1992) and Brussels (2007) bars
- Graduated from the Paris Institute of Political Studies (IEP Paris, also called Sciences Po)
- PhD in Law (Docteur d’État)
- Graduated (alumnus) from the French National Tax School (École Nationale des Impôts)
France > Tax
August Debouzy‘s team is proficient in a wide range of areas; spanning transactional tax, transfer pricing and tax restructuring, as well as fund structuring and personal estate and tax planning. The practice assists investment funds and companies. It recently assisted a major hospitality chain with its restructuring in addition to acting for clients facing tax audits from the authorities. The team also advised on the acquisition of a Brazilian entity which raised ‘anti-abuse rules’ concerns. Xavier Rohmer and Philippe Lorentz are in charge.
Paris > Droit fiscal
August Debouzy est en mesure de traiter des problématiques fiscales très variées; fiscalité transactionnelle, prix de transfert, restructuration fiscale, structuration de fonds, fiscalité personnelle. Le cabinet assiste des fonds d’investissement et des entreprises. L’équipe fiscale a récemment conseillé une grande chaîne d’hôtel sur sa restructuration fiscale et a assisté plusieurs clients faisant l’objet de contrôles fiscaux. L’équipe a enfin été impliquée dans une opération d’acquisition d’une entité brésilienne qui a soulevé des questions sensibles concernant les « règles anti-abus ».La pratique est codirigée par Xavier Rohmer et Philippe Lorentz .
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Data privacy and data protection
- Industry focus: IT and internet
- Intellectual property: Copyright
- Intellectual property: Patents
- Media and entertainment: Newspapers
- Dispute resolution: White-collar crime
- Industry focus: Healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus: Luxury goods
- Media and entertainment: Art
- Media and entertainment: Sports
- Employment > Social security: compensation and benefits
- Administrative and public law
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Industry focus: Energy
- Private equity: venture/growth capital
- Banking and finance: transactional work
- Intellectual property: Trade marks and designs
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Private equity: LBO
- Dispute resolution: International arbitration
- EU, competition and distribution
- Private equity: venture/growth capital