Xavier Rohmer > August Debouzy > Paris, France > Lawyer Profile
August Debouzy Offices
7 rue de Téhéran
- Go to...
Xavier Rohmer started his career at the French Ministry of Finance, where he worked for four years, and then joined the law firm Baker McKenzie in Paris in 1989. He then managed the International Desk of Coopers & Lybrand Deloitte in charge of Southern Europe, in London, for two years and returned to Paris in late 1992 to join the Corporate Finance department of Coopers & Lybrand Legal and Tax (now Landwell & Associés since 1999). He became a partner in 1997, then co-head of the M&A department at Landwell & Associés (PricewaterhouseCoopers’ correspondent firm) and a member of the executive committee as from March 2004.
He joined August Debouzy in March 2005 as a partner and created the tax and asset management department, which he is currently in charge of.
Xavier Rohmer assists investment funds (Private Equity) and major groups with their financial and tax issues in connection with their acquisitions or divestitures. He also provides advice on restructuring and capital development (fund raising), management package, wealth and asset structuring and executive compensation structure (capital gains, wealth and property wealth taxes (ISF/IFI), stock options, bonus shares, etc.) and for regulated professions (notaries public, chartered accountants). He oversees the tax litigation (and criminal tax law) practice, for corporations and individuals. He has also developed a Private Wealth practice for French or foreign corporate officers, managers and private investors in relation with family offices and private banks in the financial market.
French | English | Spanish
Admitted to the Paris (1992) and Brussels (2007) bars
– Graduated from the Paris Institute of Political Studies (IEP Paris, also called Sciences Po)
– PhD in Law (Docteur d’État)
– Graduated (alumnus) from the French National Tax School (École Nationale des Impôts)
August Debouzy‘s practice advises a loyal client base, made up of leading French companies, international companies, investment funds and start-ups. The team is able to handle a broad range of matters, spanning transactional issues and a substantial amount of stand-alone work, encompassing tax restructuring, transfer pricing, tax audits and regularisation matters. The practice is notably assisting a major corporation with challenging tax regularisation issues in the context of a landmark corruption case. Xavier Rohmer and Philippe Lorentz are in charge.
August Debouzy accompagne une clientèle fidèle, composée d’entreprises françaises de premier plan, de sociétés internationales, de fonds d’investissement et de start-ups. L’équipe est capable de traiter un large éventail de problématiques fiscales, couvrant la fiscalité transactionnelle et un important volume de dossiers purement fiscaux impliquant des restructurations fiscales, des prix de transfert, des contrôles fiscaux ou des régularisations. L’équipe a récemment assisté une grande entreprise sur la régularisation de sa situation fiscale dans le cadre d’une emblématique affaire de corruption. Xavier Rohmer et Philippe Lorentz codirigent la pratique.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Data privacy and data protection
- Industry focus: IT and internet
- Intellectual property: Copyright
- Intellectual property: Patents
- Media and entertainment: Newspapers
- Banking and finance: transactional work
- Industry focus: Healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus: Luxury goods
- Media and entertainment: Sports
- Employment > Social security: compensation and benefits
- Administrative and public law
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Dispute resolution: White-collar crime
- Industry focus: Energy
- Intellectual property: Trade marks and designs
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Dispute resolution: International arbitration
- EU, competition and distribution