Philippe Lorentz > August Debouzy > Paris, France > Lawyer Profile
August Debouzy Offices
7 rue de Téhéran
- Go to...
Philippe Lorentz worked in the tax department of the CEA and of Areva Group before joining Coopers & Lybrand law firm in 1996 (which became PricewaterhouseCoopers) and being promoted to partner in 2002. Philippe Lorentz joined August Debouzy in September 2005 as a partner in charge of the Tax group.
During the past ten years, he has advised and assisted French and foreign groups in making and optimizing their investments. Philippe Lorentz focuses more specifically on mergers & acquisitions and advises major investment funds in connection with their acquisitions and restructuring. He also assists multiple companies with their negotiations with the French tax authorities.
French | English
Admitted to the Paris bar in 1988
– Postgraduate diploma (DESS) in Tax Law, Paris XII University, 1990
– Master’s degree (Maîtrise) in Private Law and Business Law, Paris XII University, 1988
August Debouzy‘s practice advises a loyal client base, made up of leading French companies, international companies, investment funds and start-ups. The team is able to handle a broad range of matters, spanning transactional issues and a substantial amount of stand-alone work, encompassing tax restructuring, transfer pricing, tax audits and regularisation matters. The practice is notably assisting a major corporation with challenging tax regularisation issues in the context of a landmark corruption case. Xavier Rohmer and Philippe Lorentz are in charge.
August Debouzy accompagne une clientèle fidèle, composée d’entreprises françaises de premier plan, de sociétés internationales, de fonds d’investissement et de start-ups. L’équipe est capable de traiter un large éventail de problématiques fiscales, couvrant la fiscalité transactionnelle et un important volume de dossiers purement fiscaux impliquant des restructurations fiscales, des prix de transfert, des contrôles fiscaux ou des régularisations. L’équipe a récemment assisté une grande entreprise sur la régularisation de sa situation fiscale dans le cadre d’une emblématique affaire de corruption. Xavier Rohmer et Philippe Lorentz codirigent la pratique.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Data privacy and data protection
- Industry focus: IT and internet
- Intellectual property: Copyright
- Intellectual property: Patents
- Media and entertainment: Newspapers
- Banking and finance: transactional work
- Industry focus: Healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus: Luxury goods
- Media and entertainment: Sports
- Employment > Social security: compensation and benefits
- Administrative and public law
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Dispute resolution: White-collar crime
- Industry focus: Energy
- Intellectual property: Trade marks and designs
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Dispute resolution: International arbitration
- EU, competition and distribution