Simon TJ Ratcliffe > Greene & Greene > Bury St Edmunds, England > Lawyer Profile
Greene & Greene Offices
80 GUILDHALL STREET
BURY ST EDMUNDS
- Go to...
Simon TJ Ratcliffe
Corporate and commercial.
Director of partner Simon Ratcliffe Ltd, Simon specialises in intellectual property, corporate finance and commercial work, including acquisitions, disposals, financing and restructuring of businesses.
“Simon is an absolute pleasure to work with. His professionalism and knowledge always exceeds expectations.” (Testimonial from professional contact)
Qualified as a Barrister 1997; three years practising at the Bar; two years in the City on mergers and acquisitions; joined Greene & Greene 2002; became dual-qualified as a solicitor advocate 2004; made partner 2005, and managing partner in 2015.
Gray’s Inn (non-practising).
Inns of Court School of Law.
Scuba-diving and travelling.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Based in Bury St Edmunds, Greene & Greene handles a national portfolio of banking and finance work, with a growing number of matters for clients based in London. The firm acts predominantly for borrowers in domestic and cross-border transactions, with recent transactions involving the US, Hong Kong, Malaysia and many European countries. Solicitor advocate and barrister Simon Ratcliffe leads the practice. Corporate finance partners Neil Walmsley and Mark Daly, and corporate partner Mark Whittaker, who joined from gunnercooke LLP, are also involved in large transactions.
Greene & Greene in Bury St Edmunds has a deep bench of partners who handle regional, national and cross-border corporate transactions, including recent deals in the US, Hong Kong, Malaysia and throughout Europe. Solicitor advocate Simon Ratcliffe leads the practice, in which Neil Walmsley handles acquisitions, disposals, financings and restructurings, and Mark Daly has developed a niche in advising shareholders of high-growth VC-backed science and technology companies. Andrew Cooper is known for corporate restructurings and for providing fundraising advice to technology companies. Mark Whittaker, who joined from gunnercooke LLP in late 2020, is ‘commercial, pragmatic, responsive and diligent‘.
- Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia - East Anglia > Corporate and commercial
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Finance > Banking and finance
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Banking and finance - East Anglia > Finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: elsewhere in East Anglia