Simon TJ Ratcliffe > Greene & Greene > Bury St Edmunds, England > Lawyer Profile
Greene & Greene Offices
80 GUILDHALL STREET
BURY ST EDMUNDS
- Go to...
Simon TJ Ratcliffe
Corporate and commercial.
Director of partner Simon Ratcliffe Ltd, Simon specialises in intellectual property, corporate finance and commercial work, including acquisitions, disposals, financing and restructuring of businesses.
“Simon is an absolute pleasure to work with. His professionalism and knowledge always exceeds expectations.” (Testimonial from professional contact)
Qualified as a Barrister 1997; three years practising at the Bar; two years in the City on mergers and acquisitions; joined Greene & Greene 2002; became dual-qualified as a solicitor advocate 2004; made partner 2005, and managing partner in 2015.
Gray’s Inn (non-practising).
Inns of Court School of Law.
Scuba-diving and travelling.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Greene & Greene in Bury St Edmunds acts for corporate borrowers in increasingly high-value financing transactions. Strong in regional matters, it increasingly acts for London-based and national clients, and it is involved in transactions with cross-border elements. Recent work includes parties in the US, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Libya and throughout Europe. Simon Ratcliffe leads the practice, which counts multinational companies, investors, SMEs and owner-managed businesses among its clients. Partner Andrew Cooper and associate Mark Williams are also recommended.
Greene & Greene in Bury St Edmunds has a four-partner company commercial group that has ‘a depth of experience, professionalism and a proactive approach‘, according to one client who praises it for providing ‘the absolute best representation when dealing with complex matters‘. Among the firm’s clients are multinational companies, investors, SMEs and owner-managed businesses. Practice head Simon Ratcliffe and corporate finance specialists Mark Daly and Neil Walmsley are highly recommended, as is associate Mark Williams who has a particular focus on the technology sector.
The insolvency and restructuring practice at Greene & Greene in Bury St Edmunds is ‘relaxed and pleasant to deal with‘, according to one client. Litigator Rob Adam leads the practice, which focuses on contentious matters and draws upon the firm’s strong commercial, employment, property and tax practices to assist IPs with pre-packs and other insolvency-related transactions. Senior partner Michael Batty, solicitor advocate Simon Ratcliffe and corporate partner Mark Daly are also active in the practice.
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Finance > Banking and finance
- Banking and finance - East Anglia > Finance
- Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia - East Anglia > Corporate and commercial
- Insolvency and corporate recovery - East Anglia > Finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Construction