Jonathan Mathers > Greene & Greene > Bury St Edmunds, England > Lawyer Profile
Greene & Greene Offices
80 GUILDHALL STREET
BURY ST EDMUNDS
- Go to...
Private client; agriculture and estates; property residential.
Director of partner Jonathan Mathers Ltd, Jonathan specialises in private client work. Main areas of which are agricultural property, rural and high-value residential property transactions, Will and Lasting Powers of Attorney. He heads the firm’s team of residential property lawyers. Jonathan is an accomplished solicitor with a wide experience of property and private client work.
Trained Prettys, Ipswich; qualified 1996; Berrymans Lace Mawer, London 1996-98; solicitor Prettys, Ipswich 1998-2000; own practice, Sudbury 2000-05; Gotelee & Goldsmith, Ipswich 2005-08; made partner Greene & Greene 2008 to date.
Agricultural Law Association; Lawyers’ Christian Fellowship.
St John’s School, Leatherhead; Nottingham Trent University (1991 BA Hons; 1993 PG Dip Law; 1994 LPC).
Country pursuits and sailing.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The agricultural and rural affairs group at Greene & Greene has six partners handling trust and taxation matters, farm sales and purchases, employment contracts, succession planning and business property issues. In 2019, the firm advised on poultry rearing agreements across five separate farms and it continued to administer 85 trusts, many of which include agricultural property. Jonathan Mathers leads the practice and he is ‘an incredible, highly trusted solicitor‘. Clients praise the ‘very good group of solicitors offering a very personal service‘.
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Agriculture and estates - East Anglia > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Construction