Michael W M Batty > Greene & Greene > Bury St Edmunds, England > Lawyer Profile
Greene & Greene Offices
80 GUILDHALL STREET
BURY ST EDMUNDS
- Go to...
Michael W M Batty
Dispute resolution - Commercial Litigation
Finance - Insolvency and Corporate Recovery
Insurance - Professional Negligence
Real Estate - Environment
Defence - Motoring and Regulatory
Senior Partner, Head of department and director of partner M W M Batty Ltd.
Articled Greene & Greene; qualified 1990; made partner 1993. Clerk to St Edmundsbury Cathedral Chapter and Council, director of St Edmundsbury Cathedral Enterprises Ltd and director of East Anglian Sports Centre Ltd; governor of Great Whelnetham Primary School.
Michael specialises in civil litigation including commercial litigation, defamation claims, claims against professionals and claims involving land (such as complex boundary disputes), defending regulatory prosecutions (including environmental prosecutions), defending motoring prosecutions and certain licensing work.
According to a District Judge, Michael is “on top of the law and does an excellent job preparing the evidence and handling the clients and opposition.” He is named as a ‘Leading Individual’ in Legal 500.
Property Litigation Association; Professional Negligence Lawyers Association; United Kingdom Environmental Law Association (East Region Committee Chairman).
Manchester University (LLB Hons).
Being a parent, supporting Carlisle United and participating in and watching a variety of other sports.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: elsewhere in East Anglia