Mr Marc Fitzgibbon > Lavelle Partners > Dublin, Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Lavelle Partners Offices
ST JAMES' HOUSE
- Go to...
Mr Marc Fitzgibbon
Litigation and Dispute Resolution; Employment
Senior Partner and Head of Employment Law
Marc is a Senior Partner and Head of the Employment Team. He has over 30 years’ experience in advising clients in both private and commercial disputes. His areas of expertise include the employment, financial, healthcare, property, insurance and construction sectors. Marc has a proven record of successful dispute resolution in the courts, the Workplace Relations Commission and other specialist tribunals and commissions.
Mark is an employment law expert and has considerable experience advising both employers and employees across a wide range of areas including; wrongful & unfair dismissal, redundancies, business acquisitions, transfer of undertakings, service agreements, collective redundancies, redundancy packages, discrimination, bullying and harassment and stress at work.
He is an experienced practitioner at the Workplace Relations Commission and the Labour Court and represents both employers and employees in the wide range of employment forums. Marc is experienced in negotiating exit arrangements and severance packages for high earning executives and is a CEDR qualified Mediator with extensive mediation experience.
- Advising financial institutions in relation to the employment law issues encountered in responding to the Covid-19 emergency. This includes pay cuts, lay off, short-time, redundancy and the application of the temporary wage subsidy scheme.
- Acting for a group of over 40 retirees who engaged in High Court litigation against their former employer in relation to pension entitlements.
- Advising employer in relation to application of Transfer of Undertakings Regulation 2003 (TUPE) on the merger of two leading auto industry entities in Ireland and subsequent post-merger collective redundancies of approximately 70 employees.
- Acting for substantial transport and logistics company in relation to a High Court injunction seeking restraining orders and damages against a former shareholder/director and employee for breach of restrictive covenants in establishing completing business.
- Advising significant UK based charity in relation to exit by way of redundancy of a senior employee – National Director, Ireland.
- Law Society of Ireland
- European Lawyers Association
- Law Society of Ireland’s Employment & Equality Law Committee
- Employment Law Association of Ireland
- European Employment Lawyers Association
- LLB (TCD), 1984
- Diploma in Legal Studies (College of Commerce, Rathmines), 1985
- Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in Ireland, Law Society, 1986
- Qualified Mediator (CEDR), 2006
- Diploma in Employment Law, Law Society, 2009
- Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors (England & Wales), 2010
A keen cyclist, sailor and caddy to my golf-loving son!
Led by Marc Fitzgibbon, Lavelle Partners advises clients on dismissals, disciplinary matters and the preparation of contracts. The team has also recently been active in advising on redundancies and restructurings as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic. Fitzgibbon has more than 30 years of experience in both contentious and non-contentious employment law, which includes representing clients before the Workplace Relations Commission and the Labour Court.