Ms Gríana O'Kelly > Lavelle Partners > Dublin, Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Lavelle Partners Offices
ST JAMES' HOUSE
- Go to...
Ms Gríana O'Kelly
Partner and Head of Corporate and Commercial
Gríana O’Kelly, Partner, is Head of the Corporate and Commercial Team. She advises Irish and international clients across many sectors on a broad range of corporate transactions including M&A, debt and equity investment, corporate restructures and joint ventures.
Gríana also advises start-up businesses from incorporation through early seed funding up to consolidation of their business. She regularly lectures and coaches start-ups and entrepreneurs. In 2021, she’s taking part in Tangent, Trinity’s Ideas Workspace, as an Expert in Business Planning and Incorporation, in Trinity College, Dublin. Click here for more on Tangent’s Expert Programme.
Gríana has a particular interest and focus on the healthcare and technology sectors. She acts for a number of nursing homes in Ireland and has acted in nursing home corporate restructuring transactions, exits and provides regulatory advices. Griana also acts regularly in pharmacy M&A transactions including management buy outs. In the technology sector, she continues to act in M&A work as well as advising companies on their funding transactions.
Gríana acts for companies in relation to general commercial law matters; corporate governance, commercial contracts and arrangements, shareholder agreements and data protection.
With over 13 years of experience, Gríana is recognised by the Legal 500 for her excellent communication skills and her ability to understand the client’s business environment.
- Currently advising in a number of nursing home sales by way of business transfer and ultimate share sale.
- Acted in the corporate restructure of an Irish pharmacy group in February 2021.
- Currently acting in the purchase of a community pharmacy in Dublin.
- Currently acting in the sale of a healthcare company in Dublin by way of share sale.
- Acted in the sale of Pro-line Hardware to Grafton PLC in February 2021.
- Acted in the sale of Brentech Data Systems to Principal logistics in December 2020.
- Acted in the sale of a Dublin based technology company to a Polish buyer in January 2021.
- Acted for a healthcare company in respect of an equity investment by a Dublin VC in March 2021.
- Acted for a company in the acquisition of a pharmacy; this transaction included a pre-completion debt and equity investment into the buyer and subsequent acquisition of the target.
- Acting for a start-up fintech provider on its ongoing funding rounds by the Company, structured by way of equity investment.
- Acted for a technology company in a fundraising round, structured by way of debt securities.
- Acted for a hospitality business in a refinance and trading agreement and share acquisition.
- Acting for an Italian group in relation to its Irish holding companies and Irish Group on an ongoing basis.
- Acted for Allglass Windscreens in its joint venture with Carglass UK.
Gríana is a member of the Law Society of Ireland and also of the British Irish Chamber of Commerce.
- Graduated from NUI, Galway 2000
- Diploma Corporate Law & Governance, Law Society 2012
- Certificate in Data Protection Practice, Law Society 2014