Mr Michael Lavelle > Lavelle Partners > Dublin, Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Lavelle Partners Offices
ST JAMES' HOUSE
- Go to...
Mr Michael Lavelle
Commercial Litigation; Insolvency and Corporate Restructuring
Michael Lavelle, Managing Partner, founded Lavelle Partners in 1987. He is a recognised leader in a wide range of commercial law matters with renowned expertise in relation to mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring, insolvency, commercial litigation, shareholder disputes and partnership disputes.
He has a strategic overview of the legal market in Ireland and is the go-to person for numerous lending institutions and providing high level strategic advice on commercial issues. He is an experienced litigator and was lead adviser in many of the seminal Irish commercial cases and is an expert in his field.
Michael is a leading figure in insolvency, acting in liquidations, receiverships and examinerships for almost all the leading accountancy firms involved in insolvency. He regularly chairs creditors meetings and advises creditors on aspects of insolvency law. He has lectured in insolvency law for the Law Society of Ireland.
He is also a commercial law expert with a long history of working in contentious and non-contentious matters. He has extensive experience in high value commercial transactions and shareholder issues.
Michael advises on company takeovers and mergers and has been involved in a significant number of company sales and purchases. He also advises on general commercial agreements including agency and distribution agreements, shareholder agreements, option and other associated agreements as well as partnership disputes in professional services firms including law firms, accountants, architects, doctors’ practices and others.
In the press
- Acting in the acquisition and merger of two substantial companies involved in distribution and replacement in the motor industry with over one hundred outlets throughout Ireland.
- Acting for a majority shareholder acquiring minority shareholders following a dispute in the company in the printing industry.
- Acting for a UK creditor of IBRC in proceedings against IBRC after the creditor had obtained a judgment in the UK for in excess of STG£120m. Advising on the enforceability of the judgment and proceedings against IBRC to recover the judgment amount.
- Advising shareholders in a dispute with funders and other shareholders in relation to a multi-million euro project for the development of healthcare centres throughout Ireland.
- Advising the company, Maximum Media Network Limited, in relation to its examinership and the appointment of an examiner over its media business, joe.ie.
- Advising in a liquidation of a company, funded by the Revenue Commissioners, where substantial sums of money were recovered following the transfer of assets and debtors from an Irish company to a UK based company. The case resulted in one of the largest recoveries of unpaid taxes in recent years as a result of proceedings being taken personally against the directors.
- Advising many companies in different industries on insolvency processes including receiverships, examinerships and liquidations, assisting those companies throughout the process and, where necessary, representing companies at creditors meetings.
- Advising on the liquidation, construction and potential sale of companies associated with a partly constructed hotel complex involving expenditure in excess of €30 million.
- Advising partners in solicitors’ firms and partners in accountancy practices on disputes and issues arising associated with their partnerships.
- Law Society of Ireland
- Irish Society of Insolvency Practitioners
- Bachelor of Civil Law, UCD