Barry deals with a wide variety of disputes (many with an international element) and some of his recent cases at GSC include:
– a shareholders’ dispute involving a deadlock company in which one of the two shareholders sought permission to bring a derivative action;
– successfully resisting with indemnity costs an attempt by a Russian businessman to obtain an anti-suit injunction in England to restrain proceedings in the New York Court. The case also involves a Jersey law element;
– a franchise dispute regarding the marketing in America and Canada goods carrying the Gordon Ramsay branding;
– a dispute regarding the sale a property owned by an elderly and frail gentleman at a significant undervalue involving breach of the estate agents’ duty and challenges to the bona fides of the purchaser;
– seeking injunctive relief regarding the interference with property rights at an industrial site in Park Royal.