Mr Pedro Suarez > Ramón y Cajal Abogados > Madrid, Spain > Lawyer Profile
Ramón y Cajal Abogados Offices
CALLE ALMAGRO 16-18
- Go to...
Mr Pedro Suarez
Pedro is a partner at Ramón y Cajal Abogados and leads the Firm’s Competition and European Union Law practise area. Pedro frequently provides advice on merger control and practices restricting competition, and has represented numerous companies in administrative proceedings before the competition authorities. He is highly experienced in leading legal teams in contentious proceedings related to competition law and in the evaluation of corporate practices that could potentially restrict competition, particularly in the context of commercial distribution.
English, French and German.
- Madrid Bar Association (Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Madrid).
- Spanish Competition Association (Asociación Española de Defensa de la Competencia).
- Degree in law, Complutense University of Madrid (1997).
- Certificate in Advanced European Legal Studies, College of Europe (1999).
- Master of Laws, Columbia University (2004).
Pedro is regularly invited to participate in specialist forums relating to competition law, both in Spain and abroad. He also occasionally gives classes and seminars at the Carlos III University of Madrid, the Rey Juan Carlos University and the Pontificia de Comillas University.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
A ‘reference in competition matters’, Ramón y Cajal Abogados keeps strengthening its position as a relevant player in the sector, regularly undertaking ‘matters of great complexity’ for clients from the financial services, real estate, retail and telecoms sectors. Headed by Pedro Suarez, the practice has built up a solid track record handling damages litigation – particularly on the claimant side – and in representing clients in both administrative infringement proceedings before the CNMC and the judicial review of its decisions. Merger control is another key strength. Additional expertise is brought to the team by senior associates Javier Salinas and Pablo González De Zárate.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Capital markets: Debt
- Capital markets: Equity
- Data privacy and data protection
- Industry focus: TMT
- Public law
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- EU and competition
- Industry focus: Healthcare and life sciences
- Banking and finance
- Projects and energy
- Real estate and construction
- Restructuring and insolvency