Mr Federico Lara > Ramón y Cajal Abogados > Madrid, Spain > Lawyer Profile
Ramón y Cajal Abogados Offices
CALLE ALMAGRO 16-18
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Mr Federico Lara
Government and Regulated Sectors, Urban Planning and Environment, Art and Cultural Heritage
Federico is a partner in the Department of Government and Regulated Sectors; he joined the Firm in 2010. Federico has formed part of the Legal Counsel to the region of Madrid (Cuerpo de Letrados), a distinguished body of public service lawyers, since 1997 (he is now on leave). It was in this role that he developed most of his career, occupying posts in several departments (Environment, Education, Presidency, Labour), until he was named Deputy Director General for Contentious Matters (2005-2008), a post from which he directed all litigious activity in the region of Madrid, standing before all levels of judicial bodies and jurisdictions. Previously, he acted as General Counsel for the Directorate General of Communication with the Administration of Justice of the Ministry of Justice (2008-2010).
- Madrid Bar Association (Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Madrid).
- Association of Lawyers of the Regional Government of Madrid (Asociación de Letrados de la Comunidad de Madrid).
- Academic Sections of Public Sector Compliance and Art and Cultural Property of the High Council of Lawyers and Legal Practitioners of Regional Governments (Consejo Superior de Abogados y Letrados de Comunidades Autónomas).
- Association of Alumni of the Universidad Complutense of Madrid.
- Degree in Law from the Universidad Complutense of Madrid, 1994.
- Master’s Degree in Telecommunications and Communication Technologies Law from the Universidad Carlos III of Madrid, 2004.
Teaching: He has extensive experience assisting students interested in sitting public servant entrance exams and as an advisor to public servants in the state, regional and local administrations, both in public bodies (Madrid Institute for Public Administration, Ministry of Justice), and for private academies. He carries out this work alongside his work at the Firm.
Spain > Environment
Ramón y Cajal Abogados combines expertise in environmental, urban planning, land use, and public and administrative law to form a multidisciplinary team that is particularly experienced in contentious-administrative matters and judicial proceedings. Experienced litigator and urban planning law specialist Joaquín García Bernaldo de Quirós co-heads the practice alongside co-head Enrique Molina, a criminal law expert. Federico Lara is another key individual with a focus on public, administrative and environmental law.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Capital markets: Debt
- Capital markets: Equity
- Data privacy and data protection
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: TMT
- Public law
- Dispute resolution
- EU and competition
- Industry focus: Healthcare and life sciences
- Banking and finance
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Projects and energy
- Real estate and construction
- Restructuring and insolvency
- White-collar crime