Adv Ronit Rozenstein-Barel > Gornitzky & Co. > Tel Aviv, Israel > Lawyer Profile
Gornitzky & Co. Offices
45 ROTHSCHILD BLVD
TEL AVIV 6578403
- Go to...
Adv Ronit Rozenstein-Barel
Banking & Finance; Commercial; Energy & Natural Resources; Infrastructure & Project Finance
Ronit Rozenstein-Barel is a partner at Gornitzky & Co.
Ronit’s main practice areas are Infrastructure & Project Finance and Banking & Finance. As part of her Infrastructure & Project Finance practice, Ronit represents clients in the financing and all other legal aspects of large scale national infrastructure projects, including the representation of bidders in BOTPFI schemes in the sectors of transportation, water, energy and renewable energy. In her Banking & Finance practice, Ronit represents lenders and borrowers in a variety of finance transactions.
Recent notable project finance and banking experience includes:
- Pumped Storage Project in Cochav Hayarden – Representing Noy Fund in all aspects of the transactions of (i) Purchasing of up to 60% of the shares in the project company for approx. NIS 120M, (ii) Insertion of additional equity, subordinated loans and bonds by Noy Fund in an aggregate amount of approx. NIS 200M, and (iii) raising approx. NIS 150M required for the transactions from external lenders. The transactions were executed, in part, simultaneously with the project achieving financial close;
- PFI Project – Court House in Bat-Yam – Representation of Clal Insurance Company as a senior lender in the financing of a circa NIS 180,000,000 PFI project for the finance, design, construction and operation of a Court House in Bat- Yam, published by the State of Israel;
- Ashalim solar thermal power plant – Representation of Negev Energy, a company held by Shikun & Binui (50%), Noy Fund (40%) and Esersa Israel (10%), in the international financing of a circa USD 1,100,000,000 BOT project for a 121 MW solar energy thermal power plant;
- Representation of Shikun & Binui and Africa Israel Investments in the BOT tender for the extension of the Cross Israel Highway;
- Representation of H2ID (a company equally held by I.D.E. Technologies Ltd. and Shikun & Binui Ltd.), the project company of one of the world’s largest sea water desalination plants in the refinancing of part of its senior debt;
- Representation of Shikun & Binui throughout all tender and project phases including the circa NIS 700,000,000 financing of the PFI project for upgrade and maintenance of approximately 250 km of highway in the north of Israel;
- Representation of Clal, Harel and The Phoenix in the NIS 700,000,000 refinancing of the Mall Hayam shopping mall in Eilat.
- Representation of Melisron as a Lender in the NIS 670,000,000 refinancing of the Ofer Grand Kenyon shopping mall in Beer Sheva.
- Representation of Ofer Investment as a Borrower in the NIS 200,000,000 refinancing of an income-yield asset in Jerusalem.
During her legal studies, Ronit served as a member of the Haifa University online Law Review, “Hearat Dean”, in which she authored and published articles on recent developments in Israeli law.
Hebrew and English
2008, Israel Bar Association – Special achievement in the Israeli Bar examination
LL.B., cum laude, Haifa University (2007) – Dean’s List (2004, 2006) B.A., Economics, Haifa University (2007)
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Gornitzky & Co. has considerable strengths in every segment of the energy market. Indeed, the team is regularly involved in multibillion-dollar energy transactions and power plant and energy infrastructure developments, and is also ‘well versed in the regulatory framework governing energy in Israel‘. Jack Smith has an enviable reputation in the country’s power and electricity market, and, in addition to his transactional work, he represented multiple gas consumers in legislative deliberations concerning the Natural Gas Economy Law. Itay Geffen is a contact for energy infrastructure development mandates, and Ronit Rozenstein-Barel is taking key roles in several of the team’s largest instructions, including a bid for the purchase of the Alon Tavor power station.
Gornitzky & Co.‘s infrastructure and project finance team acts for project companies and consortiums in large-scale PPP, BOT and PFI projects in the power, water, mining and transportation space. Practice co-head Itay Geffen is acting for a consortium of domestic and international companies in relation to the project bid for the green line of the Jerusalem LRT project, as well as the project bid for the Tel Aviv LRT’s green line and purple line. Another key contact is Ronit Rozenstein-Barel, who has experience acting for lenders and investors, including infrastructure funds such as the Noy Fund. Jack Smith is a name to note for projects in the areas of conventional and renewable energy, electricity and power generation.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution > Dispute resolution: class actions (including derivative actions)
- Dispute resolution > Dispute resolution: mediation and international arbitration
- Real estate and construction
- Restructuring and insolvency