Catarina Saramago > Sérvulo & Associados > Lisbon, Portugal > Lawyer Profile
Sérvulo & Associados Offices
RUA GARRETT N° 64
- Go to...
Legal assistance in a variety of areas of Banking Law, Financial Law and Securities Law, namely:
- in setting up and assisting the day-to-day activity of investment funds, credit institutions and financial companies;
- in advising financial institutions in national and cross-border M&A transactions, loan agreements, transfer of loans and other financial transactions;
- in advising companies and banks in transactions related to securities issues and transfers in the capital markets;
- in advising both the lender and the financed entity in national and cross-border banking restructurings, including debt restructuring in insolvency and pre-insolvency scenarios;
- in drafting national and foreign banking legislation/regulation;
- in preparing legal opinions.
Consultant in the Department of Finance and Governance.
At SÉRVULO since 2015, Catarina Saramago is a Consultant in the Department of Finance and Governance, that she joined as a trainee lawyer and where later she practised as an Associate until 2020. Currently, her membership with the Portuguese Bar is temporarily suspended, since she is conducting a research project in the Centre for Banking and Finance Law of the National University of Singapore, entitled Distributed ledger technologies applied to bond issues: the importance of enhancing liquidity and mapping the market.
She joined the Bar Association in 2018. (temporarily suspended, since she is conducting a research project)
She was awarded the degree of Master of Law, with specialisation in Commercial Law, after concluding the LLM Programme of the Faculty of Law of the University of Cambridge, in 2020. Graduated in Law from the Faculty of Law of the Lisbon School of the Portuguese Catholic University, in 2015.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution
- EU and competition
- Insolvency and restructuring
- Intellectual property
- Planning law
- Projects and project finance
- Capital markets
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Data privacy and data protection
- Energy and natural resources
- Real estate and construction