Mr Damian Simeonov > Boyanov & Co. > Sofia, Bulgaria > Lawyer Profile
Boyanov & Co. Offices
82 PATRIARCH EVTIMII BOULEVARD
- Go to...
Mr Damian Simeonov
Banking & Finance
• Partner, Co-Head of Banking & Finance
• Finance, M&A, TMT, Foreign Investments, Corporate
• Partner, BOYANOV & Co. (1999 – to date)
• Associate and Senior Associate, Borislav Boyanov & Co. (1994 – 1999)
Bulgarian, English, Russian.
Sofia Bar Association; International Bar Association; Center for International Legal Studies; Legal Development Foundation.
• Faculty of Law, Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski, MA in Law (1994);
• Academy of American International Law, Southwestern Legal Foundation, Dallas (1998).
Travelling, reading, movies.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Boyanov & Co. advises major telecoms clients on acquisitions, sales, and mergers. The firm advises clients including Vodafone, and Deutsche Telecom on their activities in Bulgaria. The firm also draws on the strength of its banking and finance practice to co-ordinate syndicated financing for large-scale telecoms mergers. It counts a number of high-profile tech firms among its clients; it performs ongoing regulatory compliance and licence application work for clients such as Lenovo, and Microsoft. Damian Simeonov, co-head of the banking practice, leads the team, with Nikolay Zisov and Ralitsa Nedkova playing key roles in transactions.
Boyanov & Co.’s banking and finance practice advises on many of the largest and most complex transactions taking place in the country, including the sale of Piraeus Bank’s Bulgarian subsidiaries to Eurobank. The team is particularly experienced in acting for the lenders on high-value syndicated financing; in 2019 it assisted with arranging €100m of acquisition financing from a consortium of three banks to two Bulgarian SPVs in under a month. On the borrower side, the firm has advised on project and acquisition financing across a variety of highly regulated sectors, including telecoms and energy. Damian Simeonov, who heads the practice, is highly praised by clients, as is Yordan Naydenov and ‘very knowledgeable’ senior associate Ralitsa Nedkova.
Boyanov & Co. advises on a wide range of energy matters, including assisting with fossil fuel exploration permits, contractual and regulatory issues in the distribution and supply of natural gas, and public procurement processes in the nuclear energy sector. As well as providing regulatory advice, Damian Simeonov, head of the firm’s banking and finance practice, has experience of financing energy projects. The team also handles mergers, acquisitions and unfair competition proceedings pertaining to the energy sector. Alexander Chatalbashev heads up the practice, which counts EVN Energy, Westinghouse Electric and Sunowe Solar GmbH among its clients. Counsel Nikolay Kolev is another name to note.
- Banking, finance and capital markets - Bulgaria
- Energy and natural resources - Bulgaria
- Hall of Fame - Bulgaria > TMT
- Leading individuals - Bulgaria > Banking, finance and capital markets
- Leading individuals - Bulgaria > TMT
- TMT - Bulgaria
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking, finance and capital markets
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Energy and natural resources
- EU and competition
- Healthcare and life sciences
- Intellectual property
- Real estate and construction
- Transport (including shipping)