Mr Peter Petrov > Boyanov & Co. > Sofia, Bulgaria > Lawyer Profile
Boyanov & Co. Offices
82 PATRIARCH EVTIMII BOULEVARD
- Go to...
Mr Peter Petrov
• Partner, Head of Competition and Antitrust;
• Commercial, Competition, Corporate, Financial markets, Employment, TMT.
• Partner, BOYANOV & Co. (2008 – to date);
• Senior Associate, Borislav Boyanov & Co. (2006 – 2008);
• International Secondment to Allen & Overy, London (2004);
• Associate, Borislav Boyanov & Co. (2001 – 2006);
• Trainee Attorney, Borislav Boyanov & Co. (1998 – 2001).
Bulgarian, English, Russian, Spanish.
Sofia Bar Association, Council of the European Forum of the International Bar Association.
• Faculty of Law, Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski, MA in Law (1999);
• Academy of American and International Law, The Center for American and International Law (formerly, The Southwestern Legal Foundation), Dallas, USA (2002);
• International Secondment to Allen & Overy, London (2004).
Peter Petrov and Kina Chuturkova make a strong duo at Boyanov & Co. with their respective expertise in regulatory matters and dispute resolution. The practice is also backed by a premier corporate team for high-level transactions within the healthcare and life sciences sector and excels in the intellectual property aspects so vital to the industry. The firm’s enviable client roster includes Sanofi Group, Bayer, Novartis and GlaxoSmithKline, as well as AbbVie, which it advised on an advanced direct-to-pharmacy distribution system for a new-to-market pharmaceutical product.
Head of practice Peter Petrov at Boyanov & Co. is ‘probably the best competition lawyer in the region’, the result of extensive experience in merger control and antitrust procedures and litigation, both domestically and cross-border. The firm has an illustrious client base of well-known global companies and handles some of the market’s most high-profile mandates, such as successfully obtaining merger clearance for Eurobank Bulgaria following a court challenge by a rival bidder for target Piraeus Bank Bulgaria. Litigator Kina Chuturkova is a key member of the team.
- EU and competition - Bulgaria
- Hall of Fame - Bulgaria > EU and competition
- Healthcare and life sciences - Bulgaria
- Leading individuals - Bulgaria > EU and competition
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking, finance and capital markets
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Energy and natural resources
- EU and competition
- Healthcare and life sciences
- Intellectual property
- Real estate and construction
- Transport (including shipping)