Dr Nikolay Kolev > Boyanov & Co. > Sofia, Bulgaria > Lawyer Profile
Boyanov & Co. Offices
82 PATRIARCH EVTIMII BOULEVARD
- Go to...
Dr Nikolay Kolev
Corporate and M&A
Counsel; Corporate, Dispute Resolution, Commercial, Private clients.
- Counsel, BOYANOV & Co. (2019 – to date);
- Associate Professor in Civil and Family Law at the State and Law Institute to the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (2017 – to date);
- Senior Associate, BOYANOV & Co. (2012 – 2019);
- Associate, Borislav Boyanov & Co. (2008 – 2012);
- Senior Research Fellow in Civil and Family Law at the State and Law Institute to the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (2008 – 2017);
- Research Fellow in Civil and Family Law at the State and Law Institute to the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (2006 – 2008);
- Trainee Attorney, Borislav Boyanov & Co. (2005 – 2008).
English, German, Bulgarian
Sofia Bar Association
- Faculty of Law, Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski, MA in Law (2005);
- Academy of American and International Law, The Center for American and International Law (formerly, The Southwestern Legal Foundation), Dallas, USA (2008);
PhD in Civil and Family Law, State and Law Institute to the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (2011).
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Boyanov & Co. advises on a wide range of energy matters, including assisting with fossil fuel exploration permits, contractual and regulatory issues in the distribution and supply of natural gas, and public procurement processes in the nuclear energy sector. As well as providing regulatory advice, Damian Simeonov, head of the firm’s banking and finance practice, has experience of financing energy projects. The team also handles mergers, acquisitions and unfair competition proceedings pertaining to the energy sector. Alexander Chatalbashev heads up the practice, which counts EVN Energy, Westinghouse Electric and Sunowe Solar GmbH among its clients. Counsel Nikolay Kolev is another name to note.
Boyanov & Co.’s dispute resolution practice specialises in commercial and civil litigation, with expertise in proceedings arising from insolvencies, employment law, energy, and IP infringements. Kina Chuturkova, who heads the practice, is a former judge of 21 years’ experience and is a qualified arbitrator, with a permanent seat at the Arbitration Court of the Bulgarian Industrial Association. Former partner Boyko Voynov now occupies a consulting role within the practice, continuing to advise clients in the banking sector on long-running and ongoing disputes. Partner Radoslav Alexandrov is experienced in employment and tax litigation, while Dr Nikolay Kolev advises on energy disputes. The firm counts Wizz Air, UBS, Philip Morris and Bayer among its clients.
- Dispute resolution - Bulgaria
- Energy and natural resources - Bulgaria
- Next Generation Partners - Bulgaria > Energy and natural resources
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking, finance and capital markets
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Energy and natural resources
- EU and competition
- Healthcare and life sciences
- Intellectual property
- Real estate and construction
- Transport (including shipping)