Mrs Kina Chuturkova > Boyanov & Co. > Sofia, Bulgaria > Lawyer Profile
Boyanov & Co. Offices
82 PATRIARCH EVTIMII BOULEVARD
- Go to...
Mrs Kina Chuturkova
• Partner, Head of Dispute Resolution
• Litigation, Arbitration, Contracts, Pharma, IP Rights.
• Partner, BOYANOV & Co. (2002 – to date);
• Judge in the Supreme Court of Cassation (Chair of the Commercial Division, 1994 – 2002), Sofia City Court (1991 – 1994), Sofia Regional Court (1984 – 1990); Sofia City Court (Junior Judge, 1981 – 1983).
Bulgarian, English, Russian.
• Sofia Bar Association;
• Member of the Board of the Centre for Research and Education of the Bulgarian Supreme Bar Council;
• Member of the Bulgarian Association for European Law;
• Arbitrator of the Court of Arbitration at the Bulgarian Industrial Chamber.
• Faculty of Law, Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski, MA in Law (1979);
• Course on the American Judicial System and Workshop on Judicial Restructuring at the Southern Illinois University in Carbondale, USA (1992);
• Human Rights Law and Practice Program at the University of Birmingham, Great Britain (1994);
• Training Programme on European Community Law (2002).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Boyanov & Co. showcases its IP expertise with a client list of global brands and household-name companies, such as LEGO, Chanel and The Coca-Cola Company. The practice advises on all key pillars of intellectual property work, including trade mark enforcement, copyright protection and patents, while industry sector strengths include tech, pharma, telecoms, fashion, food and beverages, and tobacco. Experienced principal associate Stela Sabeva heads the department, which also benefits from input by leading dispute resolution partner Kina Chuturkova.
Boyanov & Co. is dominant across a range of legal disputes, where it can leverage off the expertise of its tier-one teams in multiple practice areas, such as banking, energy, real estate and construction, and IP. Steering the practice, full-time litigator, arbitrator and former commercial court judge Kina Chuturkova has a leading reputation. The team also includes Of Counsel Boyko Voynov, an experienced mediator, and Radoslav Alexandrov, who specialises in labour, tax and insolvency disputes. LEGO, Philip Morris and Bayer are clients.
Peter Petrov and Kina Chuturkova make a strong duo at Boyanov & Co. with their respective expertise in regulatory matters and dispute resolution. The practice is also backed by a premier corporate team for high-level transactions within the healthcare and life sciences sector and excels in the intellectual property aspects so vital to the industry. The firm’s enviable client roster includes Sanofi Group, Bayer, Novartis and GlaxoSmithKline, as well as AbbVie, which it advised on an advanced direct-to-pharmacy distribution system for a new-to-market pharmaceutical product.
Head of practice Peter Petrov at Boyanov & Co. is ‘probably the best competition lawyer in the region’, the result of extensive experience in merger control and antitrust procedures and litigation, both domestically and cross-border. The firm has an illustrious client base of well-known global companies and handles some of the market’s most high-profile mandates, such as successfully obtaining merger clearance for Eurobank Bulgaria following a court challenge by a rival bidder for target Piraeus Bank Bulgaria. Litigator Kina Chuturkova is a key member of the team.
- Dispute resolution - Bulgaria
- EU and competition - Bulgaria
- Healthcare and life sciences - Bulgaria
- Intellectual property - Bulgaria
- Leading individuals - Bulgaria > Intellectual property
- Leading individuals - Bulgaria > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking, finance and capital markets
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Energy and natural resources
- EU and competition
- Healthcare and life sciences
- Intellectual property
- Real estate and construction
- Transport (including shipping)