Mr Alexander Chatalbashev > Boyanov & Co. > Sofia, Bulgaria > Lawyer Profile
Boyanov & Co. Offices
82 PATRIARCH EVTIMII BOULEVARD
- Go to...
Mr Alexander Chatalbashev
Energy & Natural Resources
• Partner, Head of Energy & Natural Resources
• Corporate, regulatory, energy and natural resources, insurance, gaming law.
• Partner, BOYANOV & Co. (2004 – to date);
• Associate and Senior Associate, BOYANOV & Co. (1997 – 2004).
Bulgarian, English, Spanish
Sofia Bar Association, International Bar Association.
• Faculty of Law, Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski, MA in Law (1994);
• Univercidad Internacional de Educacion a Distancia – Madrid, Spain (1994);
• Academy of American and International Law, Dallas, USA (2000).
Skiing, reading, photographing.
Boyanov & Co. draws upon top-ranked expertise across the firm in energy, real estate and construction, and finance, among other areas, to service some major projects in the country. They include Okol Lake Park, a €300m, greenfield golf and residential development south of Sofia, where the firm acts for the constructor; the team also represented unsuccessful bidder Fraport in the concession tender for Sofia Airport. Joint heads of the practice Alexander Chatalbashev and Nickolay Nickolov are leaders in their respective fields of energy, and real estate and construction.
The combination of Boyanov & Co.‘s full-service, top-tier practice and industry expertise attracts major-league clients to the firm for a broad range of advice. The practice is strong across the board of the sector, including nuclear, oil and gas, renewables and electricity. One client is EVN and its subsidiaries, which the firm is advising on anti-trust and other issues. Practice head Alexander Chatalbashev has ‘extensive experience in the sector’, and leads mandates from big-ticket M&A and regulatory issues to project development and energy-related litigation.
Few firms match Boyanov & Co.‘s combined strength of local know-how and cross-border expertise. The ‘great law firm‘ fields market-leading individuals, including the pre-eminent and ‘technically excellent‘ Yordan Naydenov, to advise on sophisticated mandates across the board of corporate and commercial work, with niche strength in banking M&A. The offering is well resourced, with a formidable 18-strong team which includes head of commercial Raina Dimitrova and energy specialist Alexander Chatalbashev. Microsoft, Amazon and Mondelez International are clients.
- Commercial, corporate and M&A - Bulgaria
- Energy and natural resources - Bulgaria
- Hall of Fame - Bulgaria > Energy and natural resources
- Leading individuals - Bulgaria > Energy and natural resources
- Projects and PPP - Bulgaria
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking, finance and capital markets
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Energy and natural resources
- EU and competition
- Healthcare and life sciences
- Intellectual property
- Real estate and construction
- Transport (including shipping)