Adv Guy Kles > Meitar Law Offices > Ramat Gan, Israel > Lawyer Profile
Meitar Law Offices Offices
16 ABBA HILLEL SILVER ROAD
RAMAT GAN 5250608
- Go to...
Adv Guy Kles
Hebrew and English
Member of the Israel Bar Association 2008
Columbia University School of Law, NY (LL.M., Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, 2012); Tel Aviv University, Israel (LL.B., magna cum laude, 2007); Tel Aviv University, Israel (B.A. in Sociology and Anthropology, magna cum laude, 2007).
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Meitar Law Offices has a well-known project finance group that is particularly active in the energy infrastructure space, though the team has also had strong recent showings in the rail, road and water sectors. In addition to acting for domestic and international project companies and concessionaires, the team also has a strong reputation for advising domestic banks and insurers on the financing of major infrastructure projects, which recently included the financing of the addition of a new line on the Jerusalem LRT. Key figures in the project finance team include practice head Jonathan Finklestone and Tani Zahavi, ‘a problem solver, not a problem maker‘. Also recommended are Guy Kles, Elad Sharbani, who was recently promoted to partner, and Renelle Joffe, who is a name to note for energy-sector work.
Meitar Law Offices is among the market leaders in project finance and oil and gas law, and is considered by more than one client to be ‘the top energy team in Israel‘. The energy practice is led by Renelle Joffe, who is highly rated for her expertise in upstream energy regulation, cross-border oil and gas transactions, and energy-related government tenders. Joffe is instructed by a number of international oil and gas companies and Israeli subsidiaries, including Energean Israel, which is developing the Tanin and Karish offshore natural gas fields. Key figures in the project finance practice include department head Jonathan Finklestone, Tani Zahavi and Guy Kles.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution > Dispute resolution: class actions (including derivative actions)
- Dispute resolution > Dispute resolution: local litigation and arbitration
- Dispute resolution > Dispute resolution: white-collar crime, investigation and fraud
- Hi-tech and start-ups
- Intellectual property > Intellectual property: commercial/transactions
- Investment and venture capital funds
- Planning and zoning
- Dispute resolution > Dispute resolution: mediation and international arbitration
- Healthcare and life sciences
- Intellectual property > Intellectual property: disputes
- Real estate and construction
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Telecoms and media
- Intellectual property > Intellectual property: filing/prosecution