Hugh Rowland > Gotelee Solicitors > Ipswich, England > Lawyer Profile
Gotelee Solicitors Offices
31-41 ELM STREET
- Go to...
Criminal and Regulatory Law
Hugh Rowland joined Gotelee in 1987 after training at a Sussex firm. He is an accredited criminal law practitioner and higher rights court advocate and is qualified in health and safety law from the University of East Anglia.
Hugh’s cases cover all aspects of criminal law but he has a particular expertise in all forms of regulatory enforcement including health and safety, animal welfare, planning, fire safety, highways and statutory nuisance, trading standards, confiscation, cash seizure, road traffic and licensing.
Criminal Law Solicitors Association
University of Sussex B.A. Law, Trent Polytechnic- Law Society Finals
Ipswich and East Suffolk Hockey Club, Ipswich Hospital Band, Waldringfield Sailing Club
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
At Gotelee Solicitors in Ipswich, criminal defence is a core practice and it receives a high volume of health and safety cases through referrals, often taking on cases previously handled by legal aid practices. Veteran litigator and practice head Hugh Rowland has a well-established reputation in the defence of health and safety matters, as well as regulatory, trading standards and licensing cases. Howard Catherall is a leading adviser to the logistics industry on criminal investigations and regulatory offences.
Gotelee Solicitors has a broad practice that handles liquor and venue licences for venue owners and SME clients. Hugh Rowland is the main partner and a former committee member of the national Criminal Law Solicitors’ Association. He handles licensing as part of broad disputes practice. Howard Catherall is a leading adviser to the logistics industry on criminal and licensing matters.
Gotelee Solicitors in Ipswich is ‘amazing, not only for its knowledge and experience but also its ability to treat clients as human beings‘. Hugh Rowland leads the practice handles a broad range of criminal matters but has particular expertise in advising victims of crime who find the criminal justice system hard to navigate. Howard Catherall has a strong presence in private client crime, which intersects with his transport and logistics practice.
‘Their professionalism and customer service is remarkable‘, says a client of Gotelee Solicitors in Ipswich. The transport and logistics practice is now led by Hugh Rowland, who has decades of experience of defending businesses facing investigations by Trading Standards, HM Revenue & Customs and other regulatory bodies. Former practice head Howard Catherall left to join Leathes Prior.
- General crime and fraud - East Anglia > Crime, fraud and licensing
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Employment > Health and safety
- Health and safety - East Anglia > Employment
- Licensing - East Anglia > Crime, fraud and licensing
- Transport and shipping - East Anglia > Transport
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Health and safety
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Transport > Transport and shipping
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Real estate > Property litigation