Mr Brian Morron > Gotelee Solicitors > Ipswich, England > Lawyer Profile
Gotelee Solicitors Offices
31-41 ELM STREET
- Go to...
Mr Brian Morron
Employment And Planning Law
Brian qualified as a solicitor in 1976 having studied at the University of London – School of Economics. Brian has two key areas of specialism; planning and employment and has been featured as a ‘Leading Individual’ in the Legal 500 for both areas for many years.
Brian has two key areas of specilism; planning and employment and has been featured as a ‘Leading individual’ in the Legal 500 for both areas culminating in his induction into the Legal 500 HAll of Fame in 2018.
Brian joined Gotelee in 1989 following sixteen years working for London Authorities and for the London Borough of Wandsworth as Deputy Borough Solicitor.
Brian acted as Managing Partner for Gotelee from 1996-2001 and Senior Partner from 2001-2017. He also sat part-time as an Employment Tribunal Judge from 2002-2017 and an Immigration and Asylum Judge from 2014-2017.
He has presented on planning law to meetings of the RICS and on employment law to the loD, ACAS, NHS Health Trusts and businesses in SUffolk and North Essex.
Employment Lawyers Association
LLB, LLM, London School of Economics
Vice President, Suffolk Book League
Gotelee Solicitors has a strong local reputation and its ‘straight-talking, honest, knowledgeable, friendly‘ employment practice is known for the fixed-fee service it provides and its HY Retainer subscription service, which provides real-time employment law advice. Marie Allen leads the practice and brings substantial experience to bear on HR and contentious matters. Managing partner Andrew West is a seasoned employment partner, while consultant Brian Morron, a former employment judge in the Employment Tribunal, has built a strong local standing in his time with the firm.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Health and safety
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Transport > Transport and shipping
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Real estate > Property litigation