Andrew Curwen > Gorvins Solicitors > Stockport, England > Lawyer Profile
Gorvins Solicitors Offices
- Go to...
Corporate & Commercial
Andrew is Head of the Corporate – Commercial practice at Gorvins Solicitors. He has been named as one of the Legal 500’s leading lawyers for 2018. Noted as excellent to deal with and a no-nonsense approach which has proved very persuasive in debates with the other side on transactions. Andrew advises clients ranging from institutions to owner-managed businesses. He specialises in corporate transactions; advising on acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures, MBOs and MBI’s, venture capital and debt finance. Andrew regularly secures some of the departments high profile deals and has an enviable list of long-standing clients.
Trained Cobbetts 1992 and qualified at the firm in 1994. Associate Solicitor 1994 – 2000. Partner 2000-2003. Partner at Rowe Cohen 2003 – 2007. Joined Gorvins as a Partner in 2007 to date
Lancaster Royal Grammar School (1980 – 1987); Durham University BA(Hons) in Georgraphy 1987 – 1990; CPE at College of Law and Law Society Finals in 1992.
Clients praise Gorvins Solicitors for its ‘breadth of legal experience and great client management’. The contentious offering, led by the ‘very personable’ Guy Lightowler, encompasses passing-off matters in addition to trade mark, copyright, registered and unregistered design right issues. The client list includes OMBs, SMEs and multinationals. Andrew Curwen fronts the non-contentious side where expertise includes development, enforcement and licensing.
Home to a ‘tight team with great communication’, Gorvins Solicitors is active on M&A, disposals, MBOs, MBIs, private equity and corporate transactions. Practice head Andrew Curwen also has knowledge of venture capital and debt finance and recently acted for Valour Finance on its £20m structured finance investment from Cairn Capital. Christian Mancier provided support on the matter and is hailed for his ‘excellent guidance’. Additional expertise includes outsourcing, supply and purchasing agreements and distribution and agency agreements, while key sectors encompass media & publishing, market research, finance, construction and healthcare.
- Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the North West - North West > Corporate and commercial
- Leading individuals - North West > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the North West
- Intellectual property - North West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the North West
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the North West
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the North West
- Employment > Employment: employee/union firms
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Private client > Family
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant