Christine Thornley > Gorvins Solicitors > Stockport, England > Lawyer Profile
Gorvins Solicitors Offices
- Go to...
Private Client/Contentious Wills & Probate/Personal Tax, Trusts & Probate
Head of Wills and Estate Planning, Christine joined Gorvins over 10 years ago as a newly qualified solicitor and was promoted to Partner and Head of Private Client in 2012. Christine specialises in advising clients and business owners on inheritance tax and succession planning, including advice around securing business and business property relief. Christine acts as a professional attorney, deputy and trustee for many high net worth clients. Christine is also particularly specialised in advising families with disabled beneficiaries in particular those with severe learning difficulties and autism.
Trained Gorvins Solicitors, qualified in 2006
Christine is a member of the Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
University of Sheffield (LLB Hons), LPC undertaken at the Chester College of Law
Headed up by succession planning specialist Christine Thornley, the team at Gorvins Solicitors provides advice to high-net-worth individuals and family business owners on matters relating to disabled beneficiaries, wills and Court of Protection issues. Notable areas of growth for the practice include contentious probate cases, often acted in by Michael Smoult, as well as inheritance tax planning work, handled by ‘empathic‘ senior associate Tasoula Addison.
Working closely with the firm’s with litigation, corporate and commercial departments, Gorvins Solicitors’ contentious trust and probates specialists regularly act in cases involving disputed estates, fraudulent wills, Inheritance Act issues, and questions over mental capacity. Christine Thornley heads up the Cheshire-based team, which also includes senior associate Danielle Clements, who is praised by clients as ‘professional, competent and courteous‘.
- Contentious trusts and probate - North West > Private client
- Personal tax, trusts and probate - North West > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the North West
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the North West
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the North West
- Employment > Employment: employee/union firms
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Private client > Family
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant