Guy Lightowler > Gorvins Solicitors > Stockport, England > Lawyer Profile
Gorvins Solicitors Offices
- Go to...
Property Litigation & Commercial Litigation
Guy is the Head of Property Litigation at Gorvins Solicitors. He works in the Commercial Litigation team and has been at Gorvins for more than 25 years. He has a great deal of experience and expertise in advising all types of client, from owner-managed businesses and SME’s tp PLC’s and multi-nationals. Guy has particular expertise in Property Litigation and likes to become involved in disputes at an early stage so that litigation might be avoided. Where possible, Guy will advise the client through the mediation route and find Alternative Dispute Resolution wherever it is practical.
Trained at Rigbeys (now Irwin Mitchell) from 1993 before qualifying in 1995 and working as an Associate Solicitor until 1996. Joined Gorvins in 1996 to date as a Partner.
Hipperholme Grammar School (1981 – 1988); University of Hull LLB (Hons) (1988 – 1991); LPC Chester College of Law (1991 – 1992)
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Gorvins Solicitors advises clients across intellectual property matters including copyright, design rights and trade marks. The team also handles intellectual property licenses either on a stand-alone basis or as part of a wider commercial or corporate arrangement. Andrew Curwen, head of the corporate/M&A department, leads the team and focuses on non-contentious IP work. Co-head Guy Lightowler acts for clients on IP disputes, while Christian Mancier deals with IP issues that arise during corporate transactions.
Specialising in both commercial and residential disputes, the team at Gorvins Solicitors advises landlords, property owners, and commercial tenants. The practice is led by Guy Lightowler who regularly handles complex High Court-level cases and advises both landlord and tenants on a range of matters. Senior associate Danielle Clements is also recommended.
Gorvins Solicitors defends complex professional negligence and liability claims against legal professionals, surveyors, valuers, architects, accountants and insurance brokers. Co-heads Mark Deverell and Guy Lightowler are regularly instructed in professional negligence matters primarily concerning legal advisors and surveyors. David Guest completes the management team.
- Leading individuals - North West > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the North West
- Professional negligence - North West > Insurance
- Property litigation - North West > Real estate
- Intellectual property - North West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the North West
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the North West
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the North West
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: employee/union firms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Employment > Employment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property