Andrew Curwen > Gorvins Solicitors > Stockport, England > Lawyer Profile
Gorvins Solicitors Offices
- Go to...
Corporate & Commercial
Andrew is Head of the Corporate – Commercial practice at Gorvins Solicitors. He has been named as one of the Legal 500’s leading lawyers for 2022/2023. Noted as excellent to deal with and a no-nonsense approach which has proved very persuasive in debates with the other side on transactions. Andrew advises clients ranging from institutions to owner-managed businesses. He specialises in corporate transactions; advising on acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures, MBOs and MBI’s, venture capital and debt finance. Andrew regularly secures some of the departments high profile deals and has an enviable list of long-standing clients.
Trained Cobbetts 1992 and qualified at the firm in 1994. Associate Solicitor 1994 – 2000. Partner 2000-2003. Partner at Rowe Cohen 2003 – 2007. Joined Gorvins as a Partner in 2007 and is currently Senior Partner.
Lancaster Royal Grammar School (1980 – 1987); Durham University BA(Hons) in Georgraphy 1987 – 1990; CPE at College of Law and Law Society Finals in 1992.
Gorvins Solicitors advises clients across intellectual property matters including copyright, design rights and trade marks. The team also handles intellectual property licenses either on a stand-alone basis or as part of a wider commercial or corporate arrangement. Andrew Curwen, head of the corporate/M&A department, leads the team and focuses on non-contentious IP work. Co-head Guy Lightowler acts for clients on IP disputes, while Christian Mancier deals with IP issues that arise during corporate transactions.
The team at Gorvins Solicitors brings significant transactional expertise to national and regional clients ranging from public and private companies to owner-managed businesses and corporate funders. The firm has developed a reputation for excellence in several core sectors, namely media and publishing, market research, construction, and healthcare. Andrew Curwen heads up the practice; his highly regarded team includes Christian Mancier – who is noted for his work with family businesses – and consultant Paul Lupton – who focuses on advising SMEs. Senior associate Gemma Lingard is also noted.
- Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the North West - North West > Corporate and commercial
- Leading individuals - North West > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the North West
- Intellectual property - North West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the North West
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the North West
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the North West
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: employee/union firms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Employment > Employment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property