Ekaterina Aleksidze > BGI Legal > Tbilisi, Georgia > Lawyer Profile
BGI Legal Offices
18 RUSTAVELI AVENUE, II FLOOR
- Go to...
Ekaterina is a Counsel at BGI Legal. Her areas of specialization include corporate and commercial law, property law, employment law, environmental law, aviation transactions, secured transactions, etc.
Prior to joining BGI Legal, Ekaterina worked at Ernst & Young Legal and GCG Law Office and Ernst & Young Legal. Some of her recent mandates include the following:
– Acted as legal counsel to a local company in connection with an investment transaction for the construction of an oil refinery;
– Represented a foreign investor in a real estate acquisition transaction and acted as legal counsel in connection with business center operations;
– Represented an investor in a corporate acquisition transaction;
– Acted as legal counsel to investors in connection with liquidation of branches in Georgia;
– Acted as legal counsel to pharmaceutical companies on structuring of employment relationships and employment termination matters;
– Advised a foreign company in connection with distribution contracts;
– Represented a foreign investor in connection with amendments to a secured lending transaction;
– Advised a commercial bank in connection with a pending litigation;
– Advised an international financial institution in connection with financing of a hydropower plan development project;
– Acted as legal counsel to a foreign investor on a secured lending to a mining company;
– Represented an international oil company on a transaction involving withdrawal from a local joint venture company;
– Advised a private investor in connection with divestiture strategy;
– Acted as a legal counsel to an international financial institution on an unsecured loan transaction with a local commercial bank;
– Advised an aircraft company in connection with land acquisition transaction and corporate structuring matters;
– Acted for an aircraft owner on a pending operational lease project.
Georgian (native), English (fluent), German (fluent), Russian (fluent) and Spanish (basic)
Member of Georgian Bar Association since 2005
LLM in German Law, 2003, University of Augsburg, Augsburg, Germany
Diploma (with honors) in Law, 1999, Technical University of Georgia, Tbilisi, Georgia
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
The banking and finance practice at BGI Legal is led by Lasha Gogiberidze, a leader when it comes to capital markets transactions in Georgia. The firm assists foreign development associations and international banks, funds and financial institutions with high-value banking and finance transactions. Unana Gogokhia is another key name; she recently advised on landmark transactions which brought $425m worth of investment to the country within a two-week period. Counsel Ekaterina Aleksidze is another name to note.