Mr Giorgi Sarajishvili > BGI Legal > Tbilisi, Georgia > Lawyer Profile
BGI Legal Offices
18 RUSTAVELI AVENUE, II FLOOR
- Go to...
Mr Giorgi Sarajishvili
Head of Litigation Practice
• Represented the interests of foreign investors operating in various fields of business in Georgian Courts.
• Represented foreign companies in local procedures for recognition and enforcement of foreign awards.
• Advised and represented Apple, Facebook, Hewlett-Packard, Ferrero Group, Amazon.com, Sony Corporation and other international companies on Intellectual Property matters.
• Represented a client in the biggest ever (from financial standpoint) matrimonial case in Georgia.
• Represented the interests of one of the largest companies in Georgia (producer of fertilizers) concerning the dispute on over USD 100 mln.
• Represented foreign investor (exclusive operator of parking services in Tbilisi, Georgia) in a series of disputes with the central and municipal Governments of Georgia.
• Successfully established the court practice on veil piercing in private disputes in a case representing the interests of a subsidiary of the international commodity giant Glencore.
• In representing the interests of Facebook.Inc, established a court practice on the cancellation of domain names incorporating a trademark.
• Successfully completed two landmark cases in favour of multinational confectionary giant Ferrero Group, establishing practices for: a) the registration of a trademark which “acquired distinctiveness through usage,” b) the exception from general prohibition of the registration of a geographical indication as a trademark.
• Revised a taxation section of the Prospectus of the Georgian Government for the issuance of sovereign debt securities at an amount of USD 500 mln.
• Revised a taxation section of the Prospectus of a Georgian bank for the issuance of Securities for the London Stock Exchange.
• Represented the Georgian Government in bilateral negotiations with the European Commission on Visa Facilitation and Readmission Agreements.
Prior to becoming the Head of Litigation Practice, served as a Senior Associate (since 2014) and Associate (since 2010) at BGI Legal, also as Senior Lawyer at the Division of International Cooperation at the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Georgia (since 2008). Professional experience also includes practices at the Office of the State Minister for Civil Integration (2007) and Tbilisi City Court (2006).
English, Russian, Georgian
Georgian Bar Association (2010)
Association of Law Firms of Georgia (2012)
Georgian Young Lawyers Association (2004)
Erasmus University Rotterdam, LL.M (2010)
Tbilisi State University, Bachelor (2008)
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
The team of ‘exceptionally knowledgeable‘ lawyers at BGI Legal are frequently sought out by large corporations active in a variety of sectors including construction and financial services to assist with local and international arbitration. The practice is led by Zaza Bibilashvili, Sandro Bibilashvili and Giorgi Sarajishvili. Notable recent mandates include a high-value divorce litigation in Georgia involving assets worth approximately $0.5bn. ‘Multitalented lawyer‘ Davit Kakoishvili leads on criminal law matters.