Ms Eleni Neoptolemou > Harris Kyriakides > Larnaca, Cyprus > Lawyer Profile
Harris Kyriakides Offices
115 FANEROMENIS AVENUE
- Go to...
Ms Eleni Neoptolemou
Department of Competition, Public Procurement and Regulatory and the Department of Data Protection and Cyber Law
Eleni Neoptolemou is a Senior Associate of the Department of Competition, Public Procurement and Regulatory and the Department of Data Protection and Cyber Law at Harris Kyriakides. Eleni specialises in the areas of oil and gas, administrative law, tender processes, and data protection. She regularly appears before the Administrative Court of Cyprus and other authorities, such as the Tenders Review Authority and Consumer Protection Service, and assists in cases challenging decisions of public authorities on behalf of private clients. She also provides opinions regarding oil and gas matters regarding legal and contractual matters.
- Preparation of an appeal to the Administrative Court, appeal to the Tenders Review Authority, hierarchical objection;
- Environmental impact assessment: Opinion on the environmental legislation of Cyprus, on the harmonization of the Cyprus legislation with the offshore directive on offshore safety;
- Provided legal opinions regarding appointments in public sector;
- Provided legal opinions to public entities (including the Larnaca Water Board and municipalities) related to interpretation and application of Law;
- Made submissions in appeal cases to the Administrative Court, related to planning and building licenses, disciplinary procedures and environmental legislation;
- GDPR Compliance: preparation of all the necessary documentation for various entities, including banks and a hotel, presentation in awareness seminars (Privacy Notices, Processing Agreements, Gap Analysis, Consent Forms etc;
- Appointment as Data Protection Officer;
- Review of various contracts and agreements relating to aviation and oil and gas industry (such as Throughput agreement, oil and gas supply etc);
- Opinion regarding US sanctions, participating in negotiations on behalf of various clients for various transactions/agreements/dispute resolution;
- Defending of corporations before various authorities/services such as the Consumer Protection Agency, the Commission for the Protection of Competition;
- Preparation of various applications to the Commission of Protection of Competition, providing opinion regarding state aid;
- Providing opinion on drafting public tenders;
- Trademarks: drafting of objections, observations, representing clients before EUIPO; and
- Provided legal opinion on public procurement procedures and on tenders before submission.
Member of the Cyprus Bar, 2017
LLM, University of Central Lancashire – Cyprus, 2017
LLB, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, 2015
Harris Kyriakides has a diverse EU and competition practice, with discrete teams covering public procurement and data protection, state aid, and a health-focussed public law team. Michael Kyriakides is a key contact and senior associate Eleni Neoptolemou has specialist knowledge of administrative law in the oil and gas sector.