Ms Georgia Karamalli > Harris Kyriakides > Larnaca, Cyprus > Lawyer Profile
Harris Kyriakides Offices
115 FANEROMENIS AVENUE
- Go to...
Ms Georgia Karamalli
Banking and Finance
Georgia Karamalli is a Partner of the Banking and Finance Department at Harris Kyriakides. She has substantial litigation experience and regularly represents banks and other financial institutions before the Cyprus courts. Her main areas of expertise are litigation, arbitration, extra-judicial matters, domestic and international debt collection, loan recoveries, and liquidation proceedings. Georgia regularly acts as a panellist at conferences and international summits, sharing her expertise on banking matters such as non-performing loans from a Cyprus law perspective.
- Advised local banks in Cyprus in relation to internal matters;
- Represented local banks in legal proceedings in Cyprus;
- Represented a major local bank in interim court proceedings in Cyprus related to the service of legal documents under national and EU legislation;
- Represented a major local bank in interim court proceedings in Cyprus related to the jurisdiction of the Cypriot courts under national and EU legislation;
- Represented a leading company in Cyprus in a dispute regarding uncovered cheques;
- Assisted in criminal proceedings against a Company for providing unhealthy products in the market place;
- Assisted in obtaining a European enforcement order through the European Union Regulation (EC) No 805/2004 for uncontested claims, for the immediate enforcement of a judgement granted in the Cyprus Courts.
Member of the Cyprus Bar, 2013
LLB, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, 2012
Led by Dr Nicolas Kyriakides and Georgia Karamalli, the team at Harris Kyriakides acts for various financial institutions and funds on a broad range of matters ranging from banking and finance to regulatory, advisory and restructuring work. Clients include domestic commercial banks and other credit institutions as well as international financial institutions, credit acquiring companies, and financial intermediaries.