Isobell Reid > Gillespie Macandrew LLP > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Gillespie Macandrew LLP Offices
163 West George Street
- Go to...
Isobell was promoted to Partner in 2017. She works in the firm’s litigation Dispute Resolution team specialising in property disputes, covering construction (both contentious and non-contentious), planning and contract, although she maintains a broad commercial litigation practice. She has over 12 years’ experience of the Court of Session and Sheriff Courts as well as representing clients before the Lands Tribunal For Scotland and the Scottish Land Court, in arbitrations, adjudications and other hearings and inquiries such as planning appeals.
She obtained the LLM in Construction Law from the University of Strathclyde in 2007.
Biggart Baillie 2001-2012; DWF LLP 2012-2016.
Member of the Society of Construction law; Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbiters.
University of Strathclyde (2000 LLB (Hons))
With a strong presence in the housebuilder market, Gillespie Macandrew LLP has residential development work at its core. The ‘knowledgeable‘ team jointly led by Harry Smith and Isobell Reid provides regular assistance with site acquisitions but also handles commercial property work, building restoration projects and contentious matters.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation