David Christopher Smith > Gillespie Macandrew LLP > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Gillespie Macandrew LLP Offices
5 ATHOLL CRESCENT
- Go to...
David Christopher Smith
Corporate and Commercial and Charities
Partner and Head of Corporate; dealing with corporate mergers, acquisitions and investments, corporate structuring for commercial joint ventures and developments, with particular specialisms in third sector companies and family business.
Trained Gillespie Macandrew; qualified in Scotland 1994; qualified in England and Wales 1997; partner 2003.
Websters High School; Edinburgh University (1991 LLB Hons); Glasgow University (Dip LP).
Reading and creative writing, singing, hill walking and golf.
Gillespie Macandrew LLP provides the full spectrum of corporate law advice to public and private sector clients from a variety of sectors. The firm particularly stands out in the renewable energy space, where it assists start-up and emerging companies with negotiating inward investments, joint ventures for renewables projects and other land-based development transactions. Other key areas of expertise include the food and drink and retail industries. Practice head David Christopher Smith is based in Edinburgh and – along with several other team members – is dual-qualified in Scottish and English law.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation