Robert Andrew Scott-Dempster > Gillespie Macandrew LLP > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Gillespie Macandrew LLP Offices
5 ATHOLL CRESCENT
- Go to...
Robert Andrew Scott-Dempster
Land and Rural Business
Robert is head of the firm’s Land and Rural Business team. His main area of practice lies in agriculture and landed estates, rural businesses, renewable energy, ownership structures and capital taxation. He is accredited by the Law Society of Scotland as a specialist in agricultural law.
Trained Murray Beith Murray; joined Gillespie Macandrew in 2002, partner 2003.
Current directorships include director of Atlantic Salmon Trust.
Robert is the the chairman of Scottish Land & Estates Legal and Taxation Committee
Marlborough College; Edinburgh University (1990 LLB Hons).
Fishing, golf, climbing.
Scotland > Private client > Agriculture and estates(Leading individuals)
Gillespie Macandrew LLP regular acts on both sides of major land transactions which include aspects such as access disputes, contentious employment issues and disputes over the value of land. The practice, which is led by Robert Scott-Dempster, is also notable for the advisory service it provides the Land Commission in terms of regulating the relationship between landlords and farm tenants. Associate Viktoria Wahle advises on security transactions for relating to rural property and also acts for landowners and developers on renewable energy developments.
- Agriculture and estates - Scotland > Private client
- Leading individuals - Scotland > Private client > Agriculture and estates
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation