Elspeth Paget > Gillespie Macandrew LLP > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Gillespie Macandrew LLP Offices
5 ATHOLL CRESCENT
- Go to...
Head of the firm’s Private Client team dealing with wills, trusts, executries, powers of attorney and general care for the Elderly.
Trained Alex Morison & Co; qualified 1984; partner since 1989. Previously tutored on the Diploma course at Edinburgh University.
Basic French and German.
STEP and Solicitors for the Eldery.
Wellington School, Ayr; Edinburgh University (1981 LLB Hons; 1982 Dip LP).
STEP Advanced Certificate in International Succession & Probate.
Gillespie Macandrew LLP ‘s ‘highly personable team‘ team acts for trustees, executors and beneficiaries, with a focus on advising clients on business property relief, agricultural property relief and estate planning. Outside of these core areas the firm has a commitment to the Adults with Incapacity (Scotland) Act, and arising issues concerning guardianship and powers of attorney: Elspeth Paget is financial guardian for several clients and has particular expertise on powers of attorney and guardianships in the context of estate planning. Eilidh G Adams is a specialist on the UK France Double Tax Treaty on Inheritance Tax and the impact of the EU Succession Regulation.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation