Colin Hamilton > Gillespie Macandrew LLP > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Gillespie Macandrew LLP Offices
5 ATHOLL CRESCENT
- Go to...
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Colin was promoted to Partner in 2017. Primary areas of practice are planning and environmental (non-contentious and contentious), real estate litigation and commercial litigation.
Balfour + Manson LLP 2006 – 2008; Gillespie Macandrew LLP 2008 – present; Tutor, LL.M Law and Practice of Construction Management, University of Strathclyde 2015-2017
Society of Writers to Her Majesty’s Signet; Compulsory Purchase Association; UK Environmental Law Association
LL.B (Hons.), University of Dundee – 2005; Dip L.P., University of Dundee – 2006
Gillespie Macandrew LLP is experienced in handling contentious planning matters, including judicial reviews, but the team also provides advice on planning permissions and related matters to landowners, housebuilders and developers alongside energy and public sector clients. Colin Hamilton heads the team.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation