Alan White > Gillespie Macandrew LLP > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Gillespie Macandrew LLP Offices
5 ATHOLL CRESCENT
- Go to...
Land and Rural Business
Alan is a partner in the land and rural business department at Gillespie Macandrew. He has experience in a broad range of rural matters, including forestry, sporting interests and salmon fishings, crofting law, sale and purchase of farms and estates, succession planning and associated tax planning issues. Alan has a particular interest in agricultural holdings and general land management and environmental issues (including various grant schemes), renewable energy (wind and hydro) and minerals.
Alan has recently been involved in various sales and acquisitions of a number of properties ranging from small residential estates with salmon fishings, through arable/livestock farms to large estates with significant sporting, farming and forestry aspects; he is currently advising on a number of renewable energy projects covering a range of generating capacities each involving unique intricacies varying from timber crop compensation and re-planting, crofting issues, to partnership structures between developer and landowner for tax planning purposes.
Previous career as professional engineer; Trained Brodies 2000; joined small Ayrshire firm 2004; returned to Brodies 2008; Gillespie Macandrew 2011-present; partner 2015-present
Law Society of Scotland
University of Glasgow
Ski-ing, mountaineering and horse riding
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation