John B Stirling > Gillespie Macandrew LLP > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Gillespie Macandrew LLP Offices
5 ATHOLL CRESCENT
- Go to...
John B Stirling
Dispute Resolution and Litigation
Partner and Solicitor-Advocate specialising in property litigation; (Danish Forestry Ltd v Scottish Coal Ltd, Sustainable Shetland v The Scottish Ministers), RSPB v Scottish Ministers, corporate reconstructions (Sportech plc Petitioner), Premier Oil plc, construction (Maxi Construction v Mortons Rolls; Holt v Colt), constitutional law (Clancy v Caird; Salvesen v Riddle), and charities (clerk to the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh, Clerk to the Incorporation of Goldsmiths of Edinburgh).
Trained W&J Burness WS; qualified 1992; WS 1998; WS council 2001-2003; partner Gillespie Macandrew 2001; WS clerk 2003-2008; solicitor advocate 2004; clerk RCPE 2004; Clerk to the incorporation of Goldsmiths of Edinburgh 2015; Linlithgow Pursuivant 2016.
John is a WS, SSC and Notary Public.
Also a member of the Property Litigation Association.
The Glasgow Academy; Edinburgh University (1990 LLB (Hons); Dip LP).
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation