Harry Smith > Gillespie Macandrew LLP > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Gillespie Macandrew LLP Offices
5 ATHOLL CRESCENT
- Go to...
Partner specialising in land acquisition and disposals for housebuilders, site assembly, plot disposal, planning, funding and development agreements.
Trained Alex Morison & Co; qualified 1988; partner Alex Morison & Co, Morison Bishop, Morisons LLP and Gillespie Macandrew LLP.
Marr College, Troon; Edinburgh University (1986 LLB (Hons), Dip LP).
Football, golf, gardening and wine.
Scotland > Real estate > Construction
With a strong presence in the housebuilder market, Gillespie Macandrew LLP has residential development work at its core. The ‘knowledgeable‘ team jointly led by Harry Smith and Isobell Reid provides regular assistance with site acquisitions but also handles commercial property work, building restoration projects and contentious matters.
Scotland > Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
Gillespie Macandrew LLP‘s real estate team includes a prominent housebuilder sub-group led by Harry Smith. Kenneth Irons heads up the commercial property group generally and has a notable track record acting for corporate clients including international corporates and SMEs. The group also recently handled investment transactions, advised high-profile retail clients, and assisted English law firms with Scottish law issues. Greg Peebles regularly acts for student accommodation and healthcare developers.
- Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow - Scotland > Real estate
- Construction - Scotland > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation