Richard Ebbink > Brinkhof > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Grote Bickersstraat 74-78
- Go to...
Richard Ebbink (partner) specialises in European patent litigation. He represents international companies before the Courts of The Hague and has vast experience in coordinating parallel national proceedings and EPO oppositions. His language skills (fluent in English, French, and German) particularly recommend him in an international context.
Richard is a regular speaker at conferences on the infringement and validity of European patents in the national courts, and on how to coordinate parallel actions.
Member of the EPLAW Advisory Board (ex EPLAW president).
JD Amsterdam (1982); LLM Columbia University (1983); Pennie & Edmonds (1991); NautaDutilh (1984-2004).
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Brinkhof is lauded as one of the top IP firms in Europe. One of its clear strengths is the ability to coordinate litigation across Europe and beyond. Pharma, biotech, electronics, and various food and other consumer goods are some of its sector expertise and it has close connections in academia and the judiciary. The firm is also known for its deep understanding of cutting edge technology. The well-known Richard Ebbink and Mark Van Gardingen head a talented team: ‘Stand-out partner’ Daan De Lange, ‘rising star’ Jan Pot, and Koen Bijvank, who is considered outstanding, particularly for oppositions. Barbara Mooij is also a notable team member.
- Hall of Fame - Netherlands > Intellectual property: Patents
- Intellectual property: Patents - Netherlands
- Leading individuals - Netherlands > Intellectual property: Patents
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Data privacy and data protection
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Industry focus: telecoms
- Intellectual property: Patents
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights