Mr Dovev Apel > S. Horowitz & Co > Tel Aviv, Israel > Lawyer Profile
S. Horowitz & Co Offices
S. HOROWITZ HOUSE
31 AHAD HAAM STREET
TEL AVIV 65202
- Go to...
Mr Dovev Apel
Dovev is a highly experienced lawyer who advises major global and domestic pharmaceutical and technology-based companies on a wide range of IP issues involving patents, trademarks, designs, copyrights, trade secrets, counterfeiting and brand management. Dovev possesses particular strength in the life sciences industry.
On the contentious side, Dovev regularly appears before the Israel Patent Office, including in pre-grant patent opposition proceedings, and all levels of Israeli civil courts and arbitration tribunals on IP cases, including cross-border proceedings. He also represents clients in regulatory matters, particularly petitions to the High Court of Justice.
Dovev’s non-contentious practice includes advising on the commercial exploitation of IP rights and IP legal due diligence within the context of M&A transactions, as well as the provision of legal opinions in the pharmaceutical field, in particular concerning issues of freedom to operate.
Dovev actively contributes to the Israeli legislative process on matters relating to IP and regulatory matters, for example, representing the Pharmaceutical Division of the Manufacturer’s Association of Israel on the drafting of Israel’s main act of legislation regulating medical devices, and assisting Israel’s Ministry of Health in the preparation of regulations and guidelines concerning pharmaceutical products and medical devices.
Dovev also has particular expertise advising on the full range of regulatory aspects relating to pharmaceuticals, life science products, medical devices for genetic tests, and food supplements in Israel, including with regard to licensing, testing (including clinical trials), manufacture, Ministry of Health clearance, product registration, marketing, distribution and commercialization. Dovev has been involved in drafting legislation and Ministry of Health guidelines influencing the entire pharmaceutical, medical devices and life science industry.
Dovev has also developed specific and unique expertise in the field of product liability and class actions involving life sciences regulatory law.
Dovev has written the Israel chapter in the following legal publications:
- Co-author of the Israel chapter of the Patent Litigation Law Review 2nd Edition (November, 2018).
- Co-author of the Israel chapter of the Patent Litigation Law Review 1st Edition (November, 2017).
- Author of the Israel Chapter of the Life Sciences Law Review – 3-6th editions (2015-2018)
Israel Bar, 2001
Hebrew University of Jerusalem, LL.B. cum laude
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
S. Horowitz & Co has a strong track record in transactional and contentious mandates involving prominent clients across the spectrum of healthcare and life sciences. In the field of litigation, the team has an excellent reputation in complex disputes, including major class actions. Recently, it was chosen to represent Taro Pharmaceuticals in the first class action filed in Israel regarding the affect of opioids. Tal Band is best known for representing life sciences clients in administrative litigation. Dovev Apel is often engaged in major legislative developments led by the Ministry of Health and the Knesset, in addition to regularly representing clients in IP litigation, product liability disputes and class actions.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution > Dispute resolution: class actions (including derivative actions)
- Dispute resolution: local litigation and arbitration
- Healthcare and life sciences
- Intellectual property > Intellectual property: disputes
- Telecoms and media
- Dispute resolution > Dispute resolution: white-collar crime, investigation and fraud
- Intellectual property > Intellectual property: commercial/transactions
- Planning and zoning
- Capital markets
- Hi-tech and start-ups
- Real estate and construction
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Intellectual property > Intellectual property: filing/prosecution