Mr Clifford Davis > S. Horowitz & Co > Tel Aviv, Israel > Lawyer Profile
S. Horowitz & Co Offices
S. HOROWITZ HOUSE
31 AHAD HAAM STREET
TEL AVIV 65202
- Go to...
Mr Clifford Davis
Banking and corporate finance Banking and finance Biotech Commercial Transactions Corporate and commercial Hi Tech Investment banking Mergers and acquisitions Project finance Venture capital and Private Equity Banks and financial institutions Hi Tech and Innovation Medical and diagnostic devices Telecommunications
Clifford Davis is a partner at S. Horowitz & Co., where he co-chairs the International Corporate Practice Group and specialises in cross-border and domestic corporate and banking law for international and Israeli companies and financial institutions.
Described by the European Legal 500 as being “exceptionally smart and having an encyclopaedic knowledge of the law”, Clifford advises on all aspects of local and multinational mergers and acquisitions, leverage buy-outs, joint ventures, venture capital and seed capital financings, IPOs, syndicated and non-syndicated bank financings and securities laws. In addition to advising on individual transactions, he provides legal counsel on all matters relating to the operation, management and development of his clients’ business and trading activities in Israel.
Clifford’s corporate and transactional practice covers an extensive array of business sectors including: life sciences, satellite communication, telecom and mobile telephony, hi-tech, medical devices, autonomous automotive technology, chemicals, energy, food and beverage, electrical goods and insurance. He also represents founders, early stage companies, mature technology companies, angels, investors and venture capital funds on corporate structuring, licensing, investment round financing, founder agreements and exits.
In his finance practice, Clifford advises Israeli and international borrowers, lenders, ECAs and investors on all aspects of financing, including syndicated and non-syndicated loans, acquisition and leveraged buyout financings, export credit financings, equipment financings, refinancings, asset and project finance.
Clifford has been recognised as one of Israel’s leading lawyers by many industry publications, including – Chambers Global, The Legal 500, Who’s Who Legal, and IFLR 1000 – in the fields of banking and finance, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, venture capital and life sciences.
Before joining S. Horowitz & Co., Clifford was an associate in the Corporate Department of the City of London office of Jones Day for five years. He continues to be an active member of English, US and international law associations. He often speaks at law association events and contributes to law books and journals.
- Regular contributor to The World Bank Annual Survey and The World Bank’s Corporate Governance Project.
- Co-author of the Israel chapter of “The Mergers & Acquisitions Review; Law Business Research Ltd. ”, 14th Edition, 2020, edited by Simon Robinson.
- Co-author of an overview of Israel’s legal system and the regulatory cost of doing business in Israel in “A Guide to Doing Business in Israel”, published by Practical Law (Thomson Reuters).
- Co-author of “Regulation of Securities Offerings in Israel: a Brief Introduction”, in IFLR 1000.
- Author of “Three Point Turns – Reverse Triangular Mergers Bring a Number of Benefits to M&A Transactions”, The Lawyer , 11 March 2013. Corporate & Acquisition Finance.
- Co-author of M&As 2nd Edition, 2014 – “European Lawyer Reference: Israel Jurisdictional Updates”.
- Co-author of the Israel chapter on “Global Business and Human Rights; A European Lawyer & Reference Book”, 1st Edition 2011.
- Co-author of the article “Creative Financing – Factoring, Securitization and the True Sale Question” in the ACC Israel Chapter Newsletter.
- Contributor to the Chapter on Israel in “The Q&A Guide: Doing Business in … Multi-Jurisdictional Guide”, a joint publication of the World Bank and the International Finance Corporation.
The team at S. Horowitz & Co provides ‘clear and concise advice‘ to venture capital funds and corporate investors, academic institutions, entrepreneurs and tech companies involved in a variety of industries, including fintech, cyber security, healthcare, food-tech and sports-tech. The practice group is led by Mordehay Malca, who acts for every type of tech-sector participant, from company founders to international technology companies; he also has experience in offshore and onshore fund formation. Amit Steinman specialises in equity deals and other investment transactions, acting for VCs, private equity investors and financing institutions; and Clifford Davis and Keith Shaw are rated for achieving ‘perfect outcomes‘ that are ‘beyond expectation‘.
S. Horowitz & Co has considerable strengths in banking and finance, litigation, construction, and administrative law, skill sets that all contribute to the firm’s ability to handle mega-project financing and development matters. Key names on the lender side include Clifford Davis, who specialises in international transactions and has experience in export credit financing, and Aharon Bloch and Michelle Liberman, who acted for the lenders in relation to the Jerusalem LRT BOT, Israel’s only operating light railway project. Names to note for bidders and project companies include Benjamin Sheffer, who is acting for an international bidder in tender for the design and construction of an additional line on the Tel Aviv LRT, and Eran Bezalel, who is involved in a number of large projects related to the Cross-Israel Highway.
S. Horowitz & Co is hailed for its ‘stunning ability to get the deal done’. The firm houses a broad corporate and M&A practice, which draws on its wider full-service offering to provide complementary sector expertise in financial services, life sciences and communications. It is also well known for its experience in cross-border transactions, particularly involving the US and UK. Clifford Davis co-chairs the international corporate group and is ‘exceptionally imaginative and articulate’. Amit Steinman and Shlomi Delgo are highlighted together for their ‘many years of experience’ and Keith Shaw is ‘highly talented’.
S. Horowitz & Co has close relationships with major local and foreign financial institutions, including banks, insurance companies and credit card companies. The breadth of its client roster is matched by the depth of its practice, which spans syndicated lending, export finance, structured finance and regulatory work — it also continues to grow its profile in the developing area of factoring transactions. On the borrower side, the firm is a top choice for seasoned acquirers in leveraged finance deals, including recent work for Pathfinder Strategic Fund and Francisco Partners. Anthony Bloch chairs the group and is sought after for his senior experience in the area. Other key names are Clifford Davis, who had a busy year on the export financing and LBO fronts, and Michelle Liberman.
- Banking and finance - Israel
- Leading individuals - Israel > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Commercial, corporate and M&A - Israel
- Infrastructure - Israel
- Hi-tech and start-ups - Israel
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Dispute resolution: class actions (including derivative actions)
- Dispute resolution > Dispute resolution: local litigation and arbitration
- Healthcare and life sciences
- Intellectual property > Intellectual property: disputes
- Telecoms and media
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Intellectual property > Intellectual property: commercial/transactions
- Planning and zoning
- Capital markets
- Dispute resolution > Dispute resolution: white-collar crime, investigation and fraud
- Hi-tech and start-ups
- Real estate and construction
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Intellectual property > Intellectual property: filing/prosecution