Ms Adar Bengom (Ortal) > Herzog Fox & Neeman > Tel Aviv, Israel > Lawyer Profile
Herzog Fox & Neeman Offices
6 Yitzhak Sadeh St.
Tel Aviv 6777506
- Go to...
Ms Adar Bengom (Ortal)
Adar Bengom (Ortal) is a partner in Herzog Fox & Neeman’s IP Practice, where she focuses primarily on intellectual property transactions, licensing, contentious matters and client counselling. This includes both leading intellectual property due diligence in various cross-border transactions such as mergers, asset acquisitions and investments and drafting as well as negotiating all intellectual property documents relating thereto; drafting and negotiating complex license, research, development and other commercial agreements in various fields including high-tech, pharma, e-commerce, IT, finance and online marketing; drafting legal opinions involving unique copyright, trade secrets, database rights and trademark issues; managing trademark, patent and breeders rights portfolios of clients; and providing contentious legal advice on copyrights, trademarks, breeders’ rights, domain names, trade secrets, computer law and other intellectual property-related topics.
Prior to joining Herzog Fox & Neeman’s IP Practice, Adar worked in Davis Polk & Wardwell where she handled all intellectual property aspects of various transactions including asset acquisitions, joint ventures, mergers as well as IPOs
Adar is the author or co-author of several publications including a chapter in one of the leading books in Israel on the new Copyright Law (together with Dr. Neil J. Wilkof): : “Creating Rights: Readings in Copyright Law” (Michael Birnhack, Guy Pessach, eds., 2009).
Adar has an LL.M degree from Duke University School of Law and she is a member of the Israeli Bar Associations and the New York State Bar Association.
New York, 2012
Duke University, LL.M; Tel Aviv University, LL.B (magna cum laude)
A full-service IP law firm, Herzog Fox & Neeman advises a variety of domestic clients on trade mark prosecution with particular expertise in the online gaming industry. Practice head Karen Elburg manages trade mark portfolios and handles both non-contentious and contentious matters. The team consists of dedicated specialists, such as Adar Bengom (Ortal) who has niche expertise in plant breeders’ rights and general IP in the seeds industry. The firm recently saw the departure of Gilad Neeman and Jenia Melkhior, who left for an inhouse position, but also welcomed new arrivals at associate-level.
The team at Herzog Fox & Neeman advises clients on IP matters in connection with their complex commercial transactions such as M&A and IPO listings and has a particular focus on the gaming and e-commerce sectors. Karen Elburg heads the department and advises clients on all aspects of IP law. She is also a senior editor on INTA’s Trademark Reporter. Gal Eschet is an expert in large domestic and cross-border transactions involving IP, while Adar Bengom (Ortal) handles plant breeders’ rights and IP. Gilad Neeman and Jenia Melkhior left the firm.
- Intellectual property: filing/prosecution - Israel > Intellectual property
- Intellectual property: commercial/transactions - Israel > Intellectual property
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution > Dispute resolution: class actions (including derivative actions)
- Healthcare and life sciences
- Hi-tech and start-ups
- Intellectual property > Intellectual property: filing/prosecution
- Investment and venture capital funds
- Real estate and construction
- Dispute resolution: local litigation and arbitration
- Intellectual property > Intellectual property: disputes
- Planning and zoning
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Telecoms and media
- Dispute resolution: mediation and international arbitration
- Dispute resolution > Dispute resolution: white-collar crime, investigation and fraud
- Intellectual property > Intellectual property: commercial/transactions