Mr Reuven Behar > FISCHER (FBC & Co.) > Tel Aviv, Israel > Lawyer Profile
FISCHER (FBC & Co.) Offices
146 MENACHEM BEGIN RD.,
TEL AVIV 6492103
- Go to...
Mr Reuven Behar
Litigation, Arbitration & Mediation; Intellectual Property; Competition & Antitrust; Private Asset Management; Family & Inheritance Law
Mr. Behar leads the firm’s Litigation and Competition & Antitrust Departments, fields in which he is one of Israel’s leading practitioners. In addition to participating in high-profile antitrust and commercial litigation, Mr. Behar has handled many of Israel’s most significant and major M&A transactions. Mr. Behar is also well-known for his work in the communications and intellectual property areas and serves as a mediator and arbitrator in complex commercial, intellectual property and family matters, as well as an executor in significant and high-profile probate cases. Mr. Behar is a member of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers and the Israel group for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI). Mr. Behar’s clients include many of Israel’s leading “blue chip” enterprises, as well as major foreign corporations doing business in Israel. He represents Israeli companies in international transactions, litigation and arbitrations.
Mr. Behar graduated with high honors from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem Law School. Between 1976 and 1980, he served as the editor of the Hebrew University Law Review and as an assistant lecturer in corporations and criminal law at the Hebrew University Law School.
Israel Bar Association, 1981
J. L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University (M.M.), 1990; The Hebrew University of Jerusalem (LL.B., Cum Laude), 1980
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
One of the strongest litigation teams in Israel, FISCHER (FBC & Co.) represents clients in first instance and appellate courts, as well as before judicial forums and tribunals such as the tax authority, competition authority and patent registrar. The main disputes group is further strengthened by specialist litigators in other departments who specialise in competition, tax and employment. Reuven Behar and Gil Orion lead the practice; the former acts as an arbitrator in complex commercial proceedings, while the latter frequently represents tech companies in a broad range of disputes. Chen Cohen is the name to note at associate level.
FISCHER (FBC & Co.) is a strong choice for advice on the enforcement of the complete scope of IP rights. It acts for clients from a number of sectors, and is particularly active in representing media companies in disputes relating to copyright, trademarks and moral rights. Yael Riemer and Reuven Behar, who co-head the IP practice, frequently work together to assist both companies and individual inventors with patent disputes before the registrar.
FISCHER (FBC & Co.) is especially strong in mediation proceedings, representing multinational clients such as Google and Huawei in disputes relating to distribution agreements and advertising. In a significant development, the firm was recently instructed by the Knesset to advise on a mediation regarding construction. The team is also active in the international arbitration field, frequently advising on issues related to infrastructure and energy projects. Reuven Behar is an ‘outstanding mediator‘ and leads the department alongside Gil Orion, who combines expertise in mediation with a broad class actions and derivative suits practice.
- Dispute resolution: local litigation and arbitration - Israel
- Leading individuals - Israel > Dispute resolution: local litigation and arbitration
- Dispute resolution: mediation and international arbitration - Israel
- Intellectual property: disputes - Israel > Intellectual property
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution > Dispute resolution: class actions (including derivative actions)
- Dispute resolution: local litigation and arbitration
- Dispute resolution > Dispute resolution: white-collar crime, investigation and fraud
- Hi-tech and start-ups
- Planning and zoning
- Real estate and construction
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Telecoms and media
- Dispute resolution: mediation and international arbitration
- Healthcare and life sciences
- Intellectual property > Intellectual property: commercial/transactions
- Investment and venture capital funds
- Intellectual property > Intellectual property: disputes
- Intellectual property > Intellectual property: filing/prosecution