Dr Cristiana I. Stoica > STOICA & Asociatii – Attorneys at Law > Bucharest, Romania > Lawyer Profile
STOICA & Asociatii – Attorneys at Law Offices
OPERA CENTER II
2 DR N STAICOVICI STREET, 2ND FLOOR, DISTRICT 5
- Go to...
Dr Cristiana I. Stoica
Civil Law, Corporate Law Banking, Insurance, Capital Markets & Financing, Domestic & International Arbitration, Administrative, Tax Law & Constitutional Contentious Matters ,Competition Law & State Aid
Cristiana coordinates the consultancy activity of the law firm STOICA & Asociaţii.
Cristiana assisted and represented clients before the local and international arbitral courts. At time being, Cristiana is Arbitrator (international and domestic commercial arbitration) at the Court of International Commercial Arbitration attached to the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Romania and at the Permanent Court of Arbitration of the Romanian-German Chamber of Industry (AHK Romania).
Cristiana I. Stoica rendered legal assistance to international banks, multinational companies or diplomatic missions in Romania, private clients or institutions of the central or local administration in numerous business projects. As pleading lawyer, she represented clients in civil and commercial cases.
Her experience includes as well legal assistance in corporate finance projects, in initiation of the first state bonds issuance on the international markets, in privatization projects in the banking, food, construction sectors, in mergers and acquisitions or in current corporate procedures, in negotiation international commercial contracts, as well as real estate, commercial, fiscal and labour litigations.
- 1980–1995: Independent lawyer, Bucharest Bar;
- 1990: Council of Europe, European Commission of Human Rights – Strasbourg, France – professional training in human rights;
- 1990: International Institute for Human Rights – Strasbourg, France – professional training in human rights;
- 1992–2000: Associated Lecturer, Commercial law and international private law, International Faculty of Political and Administrative Sciences, Bucharest University;
- 1994: International Academy of Private Law from The Hague, Netherlands – professional training in international private law;
- 1995-present: Founding Partner, STOICA & Asociaţii;
- 1998: Agency for International Capital Markets Development, SUA – professional training;
- 2007: EBRD – professional training in international financing;
- 2010 – present: Arbitrator (international and domestic commercial arbitration), The Court of International Commercial Arbitration attached to the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Romania;
- 2013 – present: Invited Professor at the LLM Program on International Arbitration, Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest;
- 2014 – present: Vice-President, head of the International Arbitration Group, World Link for Law;
- 2015 – 2018: President, International Wine Law Association (AIDV) – European Section;
- 1st of July 2018: full member of the International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce Paris;
- 2016 – present: Vicepresident of the Permanent Court of Arbitration of the Romanian-German Chamber of Industry (AHK Romania) and arbitrator of the same court.
- Faculty of Law, Bucharest University, 1979;
- PhD. (Law of International Trade), Bucharest University, Magna cum laude, 2000. Title: “International public offering of shares and bonds“, scientific coordinator Prof. Univ. Octavian Căpăţînă, PhD.
- Author of numerous articles, studies and professional papers, published in Romanian and abroad related to international private law, internal and international arbitration;
- Co- author of the book „Arbitration in Romania: A Practitioner’s Guide”, 2016 edition, published by Kluwer Law International.