Mr Dragoș Bogdan > STOICA & Asociatii – Attorneys at Law > Bucharest, Romania > Lawyer Profile
STOICA & Asociatii – Attorneys at Law Offices
OPERA CENTER II
2 DR N STAICOVICI STREET, 2ND FLOOR, DISTRICT 5
- Go to...
Mr Dragoș Bogdan
Civil Law | Intellectual Property | Insolvency | Domestic & International Arbitration | Enforcement proceedings | Administrative, Tax Law & Constitutional Contentious Matters | Competition Law & State Aid | Human rights. ECHR procedures | Energy & Natural Resources | Media & Telecommunications | Pharmaceutical Industry
Dragoş Bogdan enjoys a wealth of experience acquired as a judge or as a civil servant and in various academic projects.
Dragoş Bogdan assisted and represented Romanian and foreign clients in numerous IP dispute resolution cases (trademarks, patents, industrial designs and models, unfair competition or intellectual property rights), competition law litigations, administrative and fiscal law litigations (especially in the pharmaceutical industry) and in the procedures set out in the European Convention on Human Rights.
Dragoş Bogdan participated in advisory projects and in the negotiation of civil and commercial contracts.
- Member of Bucharest Bar since 2007;
- Leading individual: Legal 500;
- Recommended individual: WTR 1000 and IAM Patent 1000.
- Faculty of Law, Craiova University, 1998;
- National Institute for Magistrature, 1999;
- Training, National School for Magistrature, Bordeaux, France;
- National Institute for Magistrature, Ottawa, Canada;
- Training, World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), Geneva, Switzerland.
- 2012 – present: Lawyer, STOICA & Asociații;
- 2008 – present: Coordinator, section regarding ECHR case law, www.juridice.ro;
- 2008 – 2010: Founder and member of the Scientifical Council of the publications „Revista Română de Proprietate Intelectuală”, “Buletinul CEDO”;
- 2007 – 2009: Human rights consultant, JURISTRAS Project, European Union;
- 2005 – 2006: Legal Adviser, Registry of the European Court of Human Rights, Strasbourg, France;
- 2003 – 2004: Senior counsel, Government’s Agent at ECHR, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Bucharest, Romania;
- 2007 – 2012: Lawyer;
- 1999 – 2005: Judge;
- 1999 – 2005: Lecturer, Faculty of Law, Nicolae Titulescu University.
Dispute resolution is a key focus for STOICA & Asociatii – Attorneys at Law, with practitioners described by one client as ‘real professionals in the science of the law‘. The multifaceted practice has an excellent reputation for high-value civil and administrative disputes and high-profile international arbitrations and investment treaty claims. Clients can also rely on the firm’s infrastructure to handle heavy portfolios of volume litigation. Partners such as Dragoș Bogdan and Cătălina Dicu, and associate Mihai Stănescu, have ‘a deep knowledge of the relevant law, doctrine and jurisprudence‘. Founding partner Valeriu Stoica is ‘one of the most talented, skilled, efficient lawyers in Romania’. Clients also praise Andreea Micu‘s ability ‘to propose the best solutions‘. Cristiana Stoica rounds out the roster of recommended names.
STOICA & Asociatii – Attorneys at Law is well regarded particularly for contentious matters, although the firm also assists clients with a wide range of advisory patent, copyright, trade mark and industrial design issues, as well as acting in cancellation and infringement claims. Clients benefit from the expertise of the ‘reputable‘ Valeriu Stoica, who combines with Dragoș Bogdan and senior associate Mihai Stănescu to offer a ‘strategic approach to the legal issues, which are carefully analysed to best serve the client’s interests‘.
STOICA & Asociatii – Attorneys at Law is particularly well known for its contentious work, but also offers strong advisory support on the full range of competition law and state aid issues. Dragoș Bogdan oversees the work.
STOICA & Asociatii – Attorneys at Law fields an experienced team of insolvency lawyers who ‘give excellent legal advice in a short time‘. The firm has the capacity to handle large-scale debt recovery programmes for major creditors, which puts it among the top choices for several of Romania’s largest banks, including Banca Comerciala Romana and BRD – Groupe Societe Generale. A stellar reputation for litigation also ensures a regular flow of instructions on high-value insolvency proceedings. Cătălina Dicu leads the team, which also includes ‘brilliant‘ Dragoș Bogdan and founding partner Valeriu Stoica.
|Romania: Patent Litigation||October 2022||This country-specific Q&A provides an overview of Patent Litigation laws and regulations applicable in Romania.|
- Dispute resolution Romania
- Intellectual property Romania
- Restructuring and insolvency Romania
- Firms to watch Romania > EU and competition