Hilary Messer > Gardner Leader LLP > Maidenhead, England > Lawyer Profile
Gardner Leader LLP Offices
FIRST FLOOR, 7 FRASCATI WAY
- Go to...
Commercial litigation and Property litigation
Hilary Messer is a Senior Associate at Gardner Leader in the Dispute Resolution team based in Maidenhead.
Hilary has a comprehensive knowledge of civil litigation and practices in all areas of commercial dispute resolution. She has a particular interest in what may best be described as ‘cause cases’, acting for the individual against bureaucracy and officialdom. Hilary has developed a reputation for having high levels of tenacity and enterprise. These attributes make Hilary a formidable opponent and ensure that she is able to secure the very best outcome she can for her clients. Hilary is not afraid to take on cases from which others shy away.
Hilary has a special interest in Shared Appreciation Mortgages (SAMs). Voted one of the Hot 100 Lawyers of 2009 for her work challenging the banks on SAM terms, also Times Lawyer of the Week and Law Society Lawyer of the month for her work on SAMs, Hilary continues to take instruction from those adversely affected by SAMs.
The dispute resolution practice at Gardner Leader LLP ‘punches well above its weight‘ and regularly acts in multi-jurisdictional commercial litigation for a mix of private and corporate clients. Key figures include Michelle Di Gioia and senior associates Hilary Messer and Violetta M. Falla. Practice head Chris Felton is ‘a safe pair of hands‘.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Human resources > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Property litigation